Amp upgrade from Ayre V-5xe

I am loving the Ayre sound (V-5xe Amp, QX-5 Twenty DAC / streamer). My speakers are the new Revel F228be

While I think V-5xe is great, I am thinking of upgrading to the newer VX-5 Twenty. Just because.... I hear my sirens calling :-)

For you Ayre owners, is this a worthy upgrade?

Or should I consider another solid state Amp? Pass Labs come to mind

Thanks!
128x128thyname
@thyname  In case you haven't seen it yet (in print) the Pass XA200.8 review is up on Stereophile now.
Ayre are slightly dark, extremely open. An incredibly black background for instruments to play on. 

Pass are .. their very own sound. Some call it refined. I call it trendy.

Best,

Erik
Highly consider the Classe Delta CA-2300 stereo power amp this is a class AB design amplifier. Did retail for $7k but this amp has been discontinued last year (2017) and nowadays it can be had at good discount if you can find a used one in after market like here on Audiogon.

The sound is very resolved, detailed, clean, dynamic, transparent, lifelike and very refined with excellent and 3D like stereo imaging. You can easily pinpoint each individual instruments and vocals within the soundstage. Good amounts of air and space between instruments and vocals. You can easily perceive subtle dynamic shifts and timbre. The soundstage has great depths, widths and heights and the presentation is not as forward and it might be a good fit for your Revel speakers, which are known to have somewhat forward sounding. This amp does not draw attention to itself and just let the music flow naturally. It has a right amount of bites without emphasizing on any particular area and frequency spectrum.

Very musical sounding amp. PRAT is excellent. Noise floor is dead quiet. Classe is very good at extracting all musical nuances and information. And the tonal is pretty neutral with a touch of warmth, depending on the cables used. Has a lot of clean power reserve.

The amp runs cool no matter how hard you drive it due to the use of Classe's proprietary cooling tunnel design, which is outside the signal path. The signal path is kept as short as possible. 

It’s worth auditioning with your speakers and see how they pair together.