Aftermarket fuse to tame a bright system?

Been reading all the interesting posts here, I've recently switched over to Audioquest silver interconnects and speaker cables, the improvement is easy to hear over OCC copper - lower noise floor, more clarity, greater transient snap, larger soundstage etc.... BUT.

I would say my system still has body, but the top end is now bright/harsh.  Could an aftermarket fuse tame this, so that I can still retain the clarity and other benefits of silver? I'm concerned that this potential solution may make my system more dynamic, and potentially give it a U or V shape sound profile - which is definitely what I don't want.

gavin1977

[to @gavin1977] As a quick test and self reminder of what just happened, try re-inserting a pure copper interconnect head of stream, back at the source, ahead of the downstream silver cables. You can move the cable up/down the stack and find a balance sometimes. As @jtcf noted it can be leaning you in a new direction with all silver cables in your system. Give it time or try testing a few ideas...

I do this some times with my current pure copper stack reinserting a silver-over-copper cable back in to the system to remember how silver can make things more tipped up depending where you locate it within your system. You can also try letting it sit for a while, letting it go as-is, see if it will mello out some in time, yet I always found my former all silver cable loom a bit more bright and tipped up than I liked fwiw.  A buddy of mine has my all-silver cable loom now in his very mellow tube system with a mello tube dac in the mix and it sounds quite nice.  Just a matter of finding a balance perhaps.  

I recently replaced iso devices under my kit, including speakers with Vera-Fi Very Black Holes, but start with your source where I had big improvements

They also have lots of cool accessories and kit

If that does work (it should- BIG TIME) you can cut felt and surround tweeters

Got to be careful with so-called "silver" cables. Most of them are silver plated over copper or worse tin plated over copper. Pure silver cables are very expensive and take forever to break-in. But once they do there is nothing bright or harsh about them.