Accuphase E380 or E4000 integrated amp important from Japan

Hello I wanted to inquire as to any of the Audiophiles that has purchased one of these integrated amps , I spoke with one person who seemed very pleased, he said they just switched the transformer windings to 120 v vs 100 v Japan .on EBay the sellers have excellent feedback  please share any experiences within the last 2-3 years . Accuphase makes a very high quality product  and these 2 modes are current.Thanks much.

128x128audioman58

I think that might have been me. If it is the dealer that will switch the voltage to 120V you need not have any worry. My amp came brand new( not one finger smudge) and shipped in 4 boxes. I took the top off and there is no sign of any modifications at all. The change is done at the factory. Any concern I had was immediately addressed to allay any fears. The amp will be factory-fresh. I have never seen A better-built amp.

Thank you , I just wanted to see how many others besides my friend 

the patented  volume control alone is sheer precision .

the U.S dealers want $13,500 for the E4000

i can get one for $6k as a dealer demo ,factory converted 

its very nice sounding andthe E4000 replaced the E480

The only  downside is no U.S warranty.

that being said  Accuphase is in the top 5% for reliability

from others around the world. I  may get one after the holidays.

Thank you , I just wanted to see how many others besides my friend 

the patented  volume control alone is sheer precision .

the U.S dealers want $13,500 for the E4000

i can get one for $6k as a dealer demo ,factory converted 

its very nice sounding and the  E4000 replaced the E480

The only  downside is no U.S warranty.

that being said  Accuphase is in the top 5% for reliability

from others around the world. I  may get one after the holidays.

Accuphase has been around a long time.To me, Accuphase and Luxman represent the pinnacle of Japanese audio. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with a choice to go with Accuphase.

I will second the Accuphase. I sold the line in the late 70’s when it was distributed by Kensonic Labs.   Awesome sounding, quiet, great PRAT. I believe you would love it. I like Accuphase better than Luxman.  I sold both back then.  You live relatively close to me (30 miles?). You should come by and hear my 2 systems.   If you ever want to take me up on it, drop me a PM.  I have had many members who live in the area over for a listen.  

Accuphase fit and finish is for sure of a higher level ,and they match and test parts per pair ,their failure rate is in the top 5% in the industry ,by dealer sells both

and agreed Accuphase is a step above , a bit more tubelike in nature 

which some may like Luxman more neutrality.

Good Afternoon 

I am currently considering purchasing E-4000

Did you make that purchase?

If so can you give your first impression. 
Ty

The 4000 is far superior one guy I met at a audio club bought one it sounds excellent and their latest effort ,the 5000 is better still 

the taps on the transformer is just switched their is 100 v Japan ,115v N America 

and 220 v taps for Europe . It looked easy for any tech sure it voids U.S warranty 

but in the top5% most dependable in the world ,every part is inspected and tested 

and runin for 100 hours before it leaves the factory .

@audioman58 ​​@dwest1023 would you guys be able to point me to the Japan listing? interested in going the same route. I sent you both pm, but got flagged as spam so far. Thank you 🙏

I just checked there are several 100 v  you would have to have converted 

the 115 v ones T upgraded i Japan none listed this week 

sometimes every 3-4 weeks I guess his sourse is limited you have to monitor it 

E4000 Accuphase integrated amp U.S 115 v

You have to check ebay from time to time. I purchased a Accuphase 380 for a very good price. I see that they have since gone up in price. Mine was converted supposedly by the factory. From inspection  there was no sign whatsoever of any modification. Arrived in quadruple boxes. The Dealer I worked with shows nothing for sale.

The markup is insane buying from a U.S dealer the distributor actually lowered the price because of slow sales the distributor is still making 100%+ markup vs price in Japan the dealers 45% . That’s why I would only buy a converted unit from Japan 

or look else where a nice alternative the Aesthetix Mimis integrated with a 

vacuum tube preamp section which can be bought for under $8k .

Did you end up purchasing the E4000?

If yes can you give me your thoughts ?

Thinking of purchasing a E4000

Ty