Absorption behind components and speakers rationale?

I get that absorption panels are used to absorb the first reflection and limit reverberations is a good idea.  And a rug and maybe some additional panels help absorb Rogue Sonic waves.

But what's the rationale for including absorption panels behind the system.  I have a window door behind my system and maybe this is impacting things in a negative way.

Just looking for a simple easy to understand rationale because not very smart.

emergingsoul

Try hanging a blanket or quilt in front of the door as a test and see what you get and go from there. It should help as obviously the glass door surely isn’t doing you any favors. 

+1. @soix.

Room correction can be overdone. So, it is best to try using simple methods to determine whether you need to do any correcting. A blanket, or rug makes a great adsorption tool.

Bob 

I found some bubos acoustical panels 4' x 2', a pack of five for about 100 bucks. On Amazono.

Fairly nice looking and probably will do good things I used panels like this before and super convenient

At least they can be easily adhered to the French double doors. I feel really smart right now

I get that absorption panels are used to absorb the first reflection

I thought that the general rule of thumb was diffusion panels at the first point of reflection?  Had I thought wrong?