$8k for speakers - new or used

With an $8k budget, what floor standing speaker would you recommend?  Currently have B&W 804 D3.  Levinson #333 amp, McIntosh pre amp.  Thx

goducks44

Revel Salon 2s or Joseph Audio Perspective Graphene, both can be found used right now for $8K to $9K

QLN are very nice, Joseph Audio’s another good one, there’s a lot of good speakers out there, you have a nice budget for used. 

I still have a pair of the original 804's purchased back at the end of 2002.  They still sound quite good, and they are now a part of my Son's system.  Like all 3-way loudspeakers, they require optimal placement.

With the refinements in the D4 model, they should be fantastic.  In my setup, I never required much toe-in.  You may have to experiment with moving them away from the back and side walls.

I have moved on to a smaller home and a 2-way stand mount loudspeaker from Wilson Benesch.  They are matched the W-B Torus system.  Don't give up on the 804 D4's.

I might suggest a different tube preamplifier.  Have a look at the Quicksilver Audio Line Stage offering: https://quicksilveraudio.com/products/line-stage-preamp/

Happy listening

Just wanting more - maybe detail, punch, bass.

Get the Mofi Sourcepoint 888...

Erin’s Audio Corner - Mofi 888 Review

When you realize what the tonally imbalanced, mid starved, fake detail B&W robbed from you all these years, sell it to a member of some B&W admirers club and get some money back.