Zavfino

Many nice gents in this site, highly reputable common folks audiophiles like @lalitk @wig and others have mentioned these, so it’s probably time to create a specific thread on Zavfino, a direct sales cables company based in Canada with presence ‘ distributors in US, also direct:

I took the advice of these folks with a power cord, the Prima MK2

I could not be happier with this cord, something that would easily cost $2,000 or even $3,000 from other better known cable makers. It’s outstanding, for about $500. Absolutely amazing build, and packaging too. It sounds great, very quiet. I am sure the cheaper PC, the Majestic at $390 is very good too: 
I now have the Prima speaker cables on my way. Call me “sold”.

No BS, truly top quality cables company that flies under the radar. Very affordable too. Take a look. No relation to the company, just a happy first time customer, thanks to my Audiogon friends here
128x128thyname

Showing 8 responses by danmar123

J, yes they will fill in. I burnt mine for 100 hrs. not including the time from the factory. I can't say enough about these cables. The combo's of different cable work in my system (BLENDS). The Zavfino's where the missing link! 

I just ordered a set of Fusions. I currently have Zu Missions connecting my pre to my phono, all tubes. I figured, "WTH" I have 30 days. We'll see. 
Lak, nice to see your post. Mine will be delivered today. Now I don't own a cooker, so I'll have to see. Zavfino's website states their almost broken in when sent out, if I'm not mistaken.
Well, I came home this afternoon from the Dog park & found a box @ my door step. The packing tape was from Amazon, so I didn't think it was the cables. Picked it up &, ''Boom'' Zavfino! Swapped out the Zu Missions & turned on my system to warm up the tubes. 1st LP was Elvis just to get started, which is not the best of pressings, but needed to hear those CATS jam. Now from the Zu, Elvis sounded better, so I finished both sides & now I slapped on Norah Jones, come fly with me LP. Now I noticed the base had begun tighter & more defined. Halfway through side 1 about an hour since the swap, the upper mids became more open. I haven't heard any difference in the separation with my speakers, between the Zu & the Zavfino. So for what it's worth, I did hear a lil more clarity from the Zavfino's. I was happy with my system before the Zavfino cable, but for what I have read, a 30 day return policy & $300.00, I figured I'll give them a try. Tomorrow I'll do some serious listening between, LP's & streaming, there should be more time on them. TBC. 
Well, I received the Fusions on Fri., I put about 11 hrs. on them so far. These are the first cables I’ve tried, that went thru many changes in sound in my system. Zavfino’s website states; their fabrication prosses, equals 30 to 40 hours of break in time. So that gives me 40/50 hrs. on mine. I’m hoping that they will settle in around 20 hrs. of me spinning vinyl. So far I’m I’m impressed after the 9 hr. mark, I could only imagine the sound when they're fully broken in! TBC
OK, hours 13&14 on the cables, the base was still there, the highs were a little hot & had to turn the volume up, to get voices correct. 
Update on the Fusions. They been hooked up to my A/V system for a week. That’s a total of 226 hrs. I put on them. Their staying in my system! The base on my LaScala’s are on the money. "Fast & tight & clear" Nora Jones- "Come away with me" LP opened up to precise clarity, which I was missing with the Zu Missions. Surprisingly I don’t need to change, a tube or transform my Crossover (ALK). I like to thank you @thyname for the heads upon the Zavfino’s

Worth a shot. Just need 100 hrs of burn in. You can always send them back. Enjoy!