Your sub experience: Easy or hard?

For those of us with subwoofers, I'm curious whether you thought integrating it was easy or difficult.  That's it.

Of course, lots of DBA people will chime in. No problem but please ask that everyone stay on topic.  If you want to discuss all the pro's and cons of DBA take it to a brand new thread.  Thank you.

The focus here is just to ask how many people had easy or difficult times and what you thought was the difference.

erik_squires

After hearing an entire hotel full of ASC I can honestly say they are the last brand I would recommend for bass traps.

ATS or GIK would be a better choice, regardless of price.

Post removed 

Super easy for me. I have a pair of Vandersteen 2wq and a pair of dunlavy Athena’s.  Tons of time getting the Athena’s dialed in.  Put the subs fairly close to the mains and not symmetrical in the room or relative to the mains. Started with the cheaper Vandersteen high pass filter which was pretty good but then made a charged balanced high pass filter with Milflex caps.  Had to run two caps in series to get the right value so no need to double up on caps to implement charge balance….yes the battery makes a huge difference. My system has much more detail and separation than before, cymbals sound much more correct, smooth with no fatigue even though the top end seems more extended.  Don’t even notice the subs except for the significantly added body and impact in the bass…still sounds like, well no speakers most of the time but the subs definitely do not stand out…fully integrated.  While the added bottom end (80hz and down) is very nice the biggest benefit came from removing the low bass fro the amp and mains load.  High passing the mains is the only way to go

One super easy integration, one not so much. The easy one was putting an old sub from Radio Shack in through the B channel of a receiver. I just placed the sub to the left of my rack and it improved the sound quality drastically. The second time I had a problem as far as where the subs should be placed because the two subs I had were designed to go in the corner of a room, but the wall where my unit was placed, is also where the front door was. I was loathe to place the one sub where the door would hit it. As it happened, a huge fire solved the problem for me. I now have a system with no subs at the moment.