Yeah baby....I found a mate

for my first Berning EA-230 amp...now I can run them in mono at 60 triode watts a pop..bummer one is silver and the otehr black faced/

just sharin'
jsujo
Analogbass,,,I think you are just better versed in the old fashioned folkore...there is more to this issue of just a driver having more mass....
Jack, you know as well as the rest of us that analogbass will completely ignore real physics in lieu of some subjective psuedo-science with unprovable claims of sonic superiority.
I have the 15 dmt II 's slow is not a word that would describe the bass. Far from it and from the sound of it your Tannoy dealer is full of it or has never heard them.
I don't know if anyone here cares or not but........I thought that I shld add my 2 cents worth in a hope to provide some info & maybe even try to resolve what seems to be a minor tiff:

if you read "Analogbass" orig post of 7/17/05 where he mentions "greater overhang" & substitute "Greater bass boom" instead then I find that his statement does seem a little more credible. The "slower response" bit I DISAGREE with as well so we all are in agreement w/ that (& seemingly against Analogbass).
I *think* that what Analogbass is trying to say is that if you put a DMT-15 in a smaller room it is most likely to be ill-suited & that it will provide too much bass thus greater bass boom. IOW, the DMT-15 is likely to ill-couple to the room acoustics to provide a worse-off sound than a DMT-12 that might be better suited to a smaller room.
From my personal experience I have a DMT-10 in a 16'X16'X10' room & I often have to use foam plugs to contain the bass that I feel is too much & I'm using a 60W/ch integrated tube amp.
The transient response of all the DMT series II speakers has never been in question - they are all very fast.
(Just BTW, I personally prefer the DMT-15 sound 'cuz of its paper cone rather than the plastic cones of the DMT-6->12. However, there is something to be said for the right size speaker for the right size room).
FWIW. IMHO. YMMV.