Yamamoto YDA 01 DAC

Is there any Agoner have this Yamamoto dac and could share his comments on how its sound?
Thanks
ben
computer-DAC systems do not per se have lower jitter, in the contrary. It is the stand alone USB/Spdif converter who provides low jitter especially the well known brands which are highly probably better than a n y build in USB input of any DAC except 4 until now. Couple that to JPlay which I am 90 % sure you have not heard and only then you supersede a high quality transport. Any transport with a "standard clock is hifi, not really high end. The old but famous TEAC VDRS transport was a very good mechanical transport, but its default clock made it sound... ah well
I had one and bettered it with a Tent clock and ditto pws. But that combo is incomparable to PC music under the right conditions
Kyrill,
"Any transport with a standard clock is hifi" if that`s true then it seems a super clock for the transport rather than the DAC would yield better sonic results.Or you change clocks in both, now it`s getting expensive.
Sorry to hijack, but this thread seems to be very informative regarding Metrum Octave (although the title is Yamamoto).

My Octave just arrived this morning, I set it up and play music on repeat before I came to work. For a few minutes I could muster to listen, one thing I noticed is constricted soundstage compared to my Electrocompaniet ECD-1 and even to my Anthem receiver. I understand it takes about 2-3 weeks to break-in but I'd like to hear anyone's experience if soundstage is one of the characteristics changing over time? I have a medium-sized room and it is very important for me to have a decent soundstage. I use Pass pre and amp.

Other than that, its clean and detail presentation cold out of the box is better than what I expected. In 6moon review, it says "bright" out of the box but I didn't detect any.
Hi Kzhtoo,
So how do you find your Octave sound after the burn-in period? Did the soundstage improve since your initial observation? Thanks.