Would you move to a bigger house if you could just to have a better listening room ?

Let's see how crazy we are.

inna

We’re searching for our next home for when my wife retires. The main reason is to find a home without stairs but I’ve been promised a dedicated audio salon. My system is in our living room and while it sounds good, it’s a compromise. 

The next place will have proper acoustics with little consideration for esthetics. And if I can possibly accomplish it, be sealed enough that I can enjoy a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #3 Claro and a cocktail while listening to Miles!

Happy (and comfortable) listening. 😉

then I understand your desire for space. Have you been to Littleton, NH? Not as cheap as it once used to be but still, my favorite part of New England.

I have dedicated listening and viewing nook in my basement, so , sure, I would trade up.  But my retirement apartment that I  will move into in 3 years already has a room that will be my listening room, so no harshing my buzz!

My house is very nice plenty big for listening purposes.  I had some things done when built to make it amenable for listening and I am setup to listen in 6 different rooms.  So I have it very good in every regard when it comes to room for us all to do their thing.

I am looking at retirement in the not too distant future.  Would like to downsize.  THE hit to my audio listening conveniences and flexibility is a big thing for me.   We will see what happens.  I am very spoiled in this regard currently!