Worth upgrading powercord for Denon AVR 4308ci?

I currently am using the stock cord that came with my Denon AVR-4308 and have been considering an upgrade. A local dealer said that I "shouldn't bother", but I would like a second opinion. Should I upgrade? Why? Is there a cord that favors receivers (as opposed to separates)? Denon receivers specific? Brands?
-thanks
ultimate1008
Based on my own experience of the improvements I've heard when using this power cord on mid-fi equipment, I recommend the PS Audio XStream Prelude. You can get one on sale at Audio Advisor for about $100. I've used mine on an Oppo DV-980H, Boston Acoustics AVP7 pre/pro, and an Onkyo A-9555 integrated amp, with uniformly noticeable, good results. It practically transformed the Onkyo and made it come alive with better transients, ambience, detail, and soundstage.

I also get good results with the Monarchy Audio AC-1 at $89, but I like the PS Audio just a little better.

I haven't tried this one, but another budget power cord that looks promising is the Shunyata Research Venom at $99.
A power cord with better connectors will improve performance even on an electric kettle. There's no reason not to try out a better cord on your Denon, just don't spend too much money. Keep 90%+ of your savings for the unit that will replace the Denon and bring your system a level or three higher.

Power cords can make a surprising difference but they really should be considered tweaks. Spend serious money on major components and don't let tweaks eat into the kitty for those.

Have fun!