Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman
A precision:

there is not here so much angry audiophiles than frustrated one...

And frustration is not anger, even if frustration can give rise to anger in few cases....

Because they’ve realized, all too late, that chasing this hobby is just chasing the dragon and the returns are always diminishing.

This hobby is NOT about chasing his tail or the dragon tail; it is about figuring out HOW to put a good audio system(not a costly one only) in the conditions that will make it able to work at his optimal potential...

For me it is installation of some embeddings controls in the mechanical,electrical and acoustical dimensions...

After this is done you are no more frustrated, and the upgrading process that is, chasing his tail, ended completely... And the pursuit of the dragon tail, a costly dream of a new electronic component, end also...The diminishing returns are no more a fact that apply to someone who dont need to purchase anything because his audio system, working at his true potential give finally only pure musical joy...

The PROBLEM of this hobby is the marketing conditioning of people to purchase something, the SOLUTION in this hobby is being creative and begin to address the 3 main problems: decreasing the noise floor of the house, drecreasing and controlling of mechanical vibrations and resonance, treating and putting in place good setting and device for the acoustic of the room....

Simple....

Most audiophiles are comfortably ensconced in their nice houses with their 5k+ systems to sooth their sensitive nerves. Meanwhile the bottom 50% are struggling to just keep up with their daily expenses.
The little audiophile spats are really disgusting when compared to what's happening in this country. Have you no sense of history and what this country stands for?
I'm very fortunate to be able to work from home, during this mess. Don't know what I'd do without some decent music/equipment to listen to, so yes I'm very thankful. It will be interesting how many "pots" will be commenting on the "Black Kettle".
$5k only buys a few good cables. Where are you coming from?
What does this country stand for, by the way?