Why is solid state more popular when tubes are better?

Yes tubes are more involved and require periodic maintenance. Hybrid tube components need not apply, these are really solid state.

Tubes are better for multiple reasons and yet the world and the trade prefers solid state. Those rare audio shops that are geared toward stereo listening and serious connoisseurs tend to Focus more on tubes.  Those in business who like to improve volumes tend to offer solid state.  All the YouTube channels looking to improve their business tend to be solid state.  Maybe because tubes require much more expertise to sell, and there's lesser and lesser to go around. Solid state is more of a fast food commodity.

Tubes are difficult for businesses due to all the maintenance and complexity so you see it less often. Much much easier to sell hybrids or solid state.

emergingsoul

I know atmasphere is right...

But all tube amplifier dont have expert design as atmasphere evidently own... I will not name de designer of my tube amplifier, but it was  inferior to my " Sansui S.S. amplifiers... to be fair it was low cost tube amplification...And my Sansui were labelled top S.S. design in 1978... 😊

I bought Sansui for only one reason : they designed their Au-series inspired by a comparison in sound with their best tubes amp and designed their Au S.S. to sound as pleasant for the ears as a tube amp...I never regretted it...

The tube amp i bought was not comparable at all... It sound as any S.S. amp i bought before the Sansui and i dislike them, a bit cold and analytical ...

Then Atmasphere is right but not all tube designer had his knowledge...

Anyway i never like any s. s. amp before my Sansui , as the  the only tube amp i bought ...

i am sure atamasphere is right about his knowledge, but not all amp tube or S.S. obey his psycho-acoustic harmonic third as he know for sure ... In my experience not much... but i never owned high cost amplifier... My costlier one is the Sansui Alpha who for me is very good.. Am i deluded ?

i dont know for sure... i love my S.S. Sansui... THen i think some S.S. obey this third harmonic constraint... Only atmasphere know for sure...😊

Actually its easily supported if you understand how distortion interacts with the ear. If you lack that information, then solid state appears the winner hands down.

I'm not sure people really understand what distortion means. How is it considered to be good when listening to music, and tubes apparently doing much better job versus solid state.

"I'm not sure people really understand what distortion means. How is it considered to be good when listening to music, and tubes apparently doing much better job versus solid state"

More nonsense @jumia . I like tubes as well, and use them, but you're criticizing.solid state and asking how distortion is good when listening to music, yet it is known that tubes produce more measurable distortion than solid state devices. I don't know what your point is, but whatever it is, you're not expressing it clearly.

If it sound like a piece of chalk on a board  icy cold analytic... It is a caricature for sure...

Or if it sound more like natural  warm but realistic voice and sound with a tonal  balance ... human voices and piano and violin are my test...

I'm not sure people really understand what distortion means. How is it considered to be good when listening to music, and tubes apparently doing much better job versus solid state.