Which receiver to keep, Yamaha CR2020 or HK 630

I have a Harman Kardan 630 or a Yamaha CR1020. Which one should I keep? I have to sell one. Thx.

128x128cschaubb69

Yamaha, without a doubt. I have the 1020 for my garage/shop system, too cheap to buy the 2020. My first Yamaha, it’s a quality piece.

Yours 105 wpc has far more power than the 30 wpc HK, and it has both MC and MM phono. Features up the kazoo.

All the meters, tuner  ... in one horizontal line, beautiful.

Mine has some kind of relay that tends to blow, hard to find (found out later).

the hk is a really good sounding piece which feels a lot more powerful than its rating, but i'd also probably keep the yammie, which is bigger, pricier and more sought-after.

1020 or 2020?

I looked them up, I would sell them both but would keep the Yamaha if I had to choose. Maybe, just maybe I would listen to how they sound first, who knows....

I took my cover off, replaced all the meter lamps (wheat, not led). It's impressive inside, faceplate/controls high quality, case fits well, but fake wood wrap.

My 1978 CR2020, Which I traded for an M80 power amp, Had a real wood veneer case. BTW. not that bad a trade since the CR2020 was not operational. 

secretguy, tell us what you really think since you have obviously had experience with Yamaha's extensive lineup over the years.