Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

Showing 11 responses by livin_262002

Stan Getz - Bossa Nova Years (Verve cassette tape), Dolby B. This is one of the very few tapes that was mastered well. Good dynamics and surprisingly good soundstage.
Uberwaltz, you're right there are a lot of good sounding tapes and you seem to have quite a few of them, but among the ones I own there are very few, I should have stated that :-). I have to admit tape and vinyl get same play time in my house :-). 
Nice table/cart combo you got there. How does it compare to your main TT (Nottingham)? I did audition that table but it sounded very laid back to me, albeit I auditioned the Jr.
What cartridge Uber? I’m listening to Buddy Rich (Walkman Jazz, Verve Label, Dolby B) on the 1000ZXL. What tapes are you  planning on playing?
@uberwaltz a bright cart does bring out good resolution on that table. Of course Nott is a better table/arm combo.

@jafant I'm sure as the vinyl version (original pressing on Verve) is outstanding.
Got it. Switched to (cassette) Tape now (Tandberg 3014A), listening to Super Tramp, Crime of The Century, MFSL, simply outstanding recording.

Def Leppard, Retro Active promo cassette on Tandberg 3014A. Sounds fabulous. Never knew cassettes can do soundstage.