For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@uberwaltz

Fantastic man. That was fast! That does look to be a very nice arm.

I am spinning my first LP with the Soundsmith Zephyr installed! Came this afternoon, and of course I couldnโ€™t wait. Wow, it sounds great. I canโ€™t believe how well the whole rig sounds right now. And also installed my new Audio Envy interconnects that came today as well. All need a little time to break-in, but Iโ€™m certainly not complaining. A very nice Friday.

And Steve and Jim sent gifts which arrived today. Absolutely awesome.
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly. WB 1982

With everything put together, I figured this album would be great treat for the overall package.

And it does sound fantastic.
@bkeske,The Nightfly is one of my go-to "now check out how my system sounds" albums.ย  I also have the same issue as you, WB 1982.ย  Original owner, perfect condition.ย  Great music, fantastic SQ.ย  You have a great new cartridge, please do enjoy your rig this weekend.

By the way, several of you guys got me turned on to Buffalo Springfield, 'What's That Sound', box set.ย  I didn't know about it until this thread.ย  My original copy of 'Again' sounds crappy.ย  I bought one of the remaining box sets from Elusive Disc and it arrived today.ย  Really nice packaging for the box.ย  I look forward to comparing the mono Vs stereo editions.ย  Should be nice for the weekend.ย  Can't wait!
Brian
Says he who just had to mount his new cart right away๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Same as me, not much patience once a plan is in motion!

Glad the Zephyr is sounding good.

I should have bought a Soundsmith when Slaw did at 50% off time!
@mammouthguy54,

That box is great! Probably the best SQ on vinyl. Glad you picked it up.
@mammothguy54ย 

You have a great new cartridge, please do enjoy your rig this weekend.

Thank you sir, I plan on doing exactly that :-D
@uberwaltzย 

Says he who just had to mount his new cart right away๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Guilty as charged ๐Ÿ˜

Hell, I was tracking the UPS driver all day ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think I can finally relax, sit back, and listen to my music, like the first time. Need to break out the classical, but to check everything out during the process, my old LPโ€™s, which I know so well, seemed a logical choice to hear the difference at each step.

......now for that mono cart......
Seriously Brian.
It's all enjoyment from here out.

And yes play some familiar stuff to get the idea of the improvement and tweak setting if you need too.
Then just sit back and relax and let the smile get wider.......

Slaw.
I just picked up 3 Death Cab albums, all NOS sealed.๐Ÿ˜
Sade - Diamond Life. CBS/Portrait 1985

Another good test for SQ

Oh yea, and the Grado hum is gone ๐Ÿ˜
Musical Chairs ..... Sammy Hagar.

Before he had even thought about Van Hagar!
@slaw

Always wanted to try a Grado, the hum issue pushed me away.

I like(d) my Grado. The hum can be annoying, but was way more annoying with the old table. Those two didnโ€™t play well together. Went away a lot with the SOTA/Jelco. But not completely. I certainly wonโ€™t poo poo Grado though, they have their sound, but was really happy with my Red. For the money not too shabby, at all.

Ive heard, depending on the model, Grado will build/reduce the power output for you, which I would think could quiet things down.

Itโ€™s interesting, my old Grado output was 5mv, the Soundsmith is 2.4mv, and really works just fine with my phono stage at the same setting @ 42db of gain. I thought I may have increase it, but nope, actually right where Peter recommends. I had my doubts, but no, it works fine at 42.

Darn thing is quiet. And really pretty spectacular.
I had two lower end Grado carts that came with different tables I have owned over the years.
Both had a distinct hum that could not be cured.

One reason I chose the Ortofon Mono Cart over a Grado offering.
@uberwaltzย 

One reason I chose the Ortofon Mono Cart over a Grado offering.

Exactly why I chose the Orotfon Mono cart over the Grado as well.
I go for a bike ride and fiscal restraint goes out the window.... box sets of everything!!!!!
Uber - if you are polite maybe Rick can use his new old stock torture test record in the new setup....
I'm sure they sound great. Spending money on expensive cartridges that have an inherent issue doesn't sit well with me.
Got Dawes "S/T" (2009) in the Vibrato.
Havenโ€™t listened in many years. Checked out a couple tunes on their latest, earlier and was impressed! They have been very prolific in my absence.
Ahmad Jamal - Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival 1985. Atlantic 1986 2 LP set.

.....holy crap, Iโ€™m smiling...damn....
Squirrel Flower "I Was Born Swimming"
...bugs in the streetlight
Our time is over soon.....
I urge any of you who value a female voice to check out Squirrel Flower.
Uber,

Doubt if Dawes will be your 'cup of tea'. Hope you give them a chance.
Hey Brian,

Now, if you're like me......

You have to make life-changing decisions like, am I going to work or listen, am I going to sleep or listen....and so on.....
In the dark days of the 787 development I used to quote somebody famous ; โ€œ You can sleep when youโ€™re dead โ€œ...

now, I need my sleep

Cars - Panorama