Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
My Nottingham Spacedeck came with a Shelter 501 mk3 Which was supposed to be a highly recommended combo.
For whatever reason it just did not light my fire.
Not sure how much difference between mk2 and mk3?
uber,

I reread the review and recall him not knowing the difference either. Don’t quote me on that. There’s no markings on the cartridge body saying MkII. The Shelter had always been highly rated in the mags, always wanted to try one. Got a DEAL so we will see. From what the dealer said it came from an estate with almost no hours, so I'm expecting break-in time. (Weinhart Designs) You gotta trust someone, sometime.
David at Weinhart Designs is a stand up guy.
I am sure it will be as he said.

Right By You .... Stephen Stills.

Yowza! This is hot, as in lots of gain. Had to cut volume by 3db compared to normal.
Speaking of carts, it looks like the Zephyr is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. Also the couple sets of Audio Envy interconnects I ordered a couple weeks back look to be delivered tomorrow as well.

I also ‘sucked it up’ and ordered an Ortofon 2M Mono cart today to install on another head shell for my mono LP’s

I think after that, I might be done for at least a few days 😁
Brian 
The 2M mono cart is an excellent performer for the cost.
One Nice aspect is you can also swap in a 78rpm stylus if you ever need too.....
Dont ask......
Yep Uber, I saw you run one. After reading a few reviews, that looked to be a good way to go vs the competition. Thought about ordering a Soundsmith Otello in Mono config, but LP Gear had the Ortofon for $319, free shipping, so figured that was a pretty good deal.
@bkeske,

Once I get my Rock 7 up and running well, gonna send the Sussurro to SS then mount my Zephyr MIMC* ES on the VPI.
There is a headshell adapter to play cassette tapes...
Uber....

yes David is good and can be trusted
10cc "The Original Soundtrack"  pp
@spiritofradio,

How's the system sounding these days?
J.S. Ondara
Tales of America 
Verve 2019

A revelation.   Amazed.  

-------------------------------

@slaw 

Outta sight Bro.   Outta sight.  
Do any of the vinyl oracle own the 3LP Live in Londen by Cohen?
i have two great DAC’s but I got a wandering ear.....

?
Death Cab for Cutie "Thank You for Today"  just had it's first US clean
Gonna try a (MyMat sandwich) this weekend. A 5mm, Funk Firm Achromat in the middle.
Just listened to sides 1 & 2 of the aforementioned SRV "CSTW" after it's first US cleaning and air drying. A noticeable difference. 

Now, what to play next......
Haley Bonar "Big Star". Hasn't been through my latest cleaning regemin but still a great sounding record!
(‘The Byrds’) - Preflyte. Together Records 1969, recorded in 1964.

Interesting LP I’ve had ’forever’. Essentially The Byrd’s, but only the members listed on the album cover, not the group name. Later releases in the early 70’s were labeled ‘The Byrds’ on the cover and titled Preflyte. May have originally been part of a set called ‘The Achieve Series’. This was also a promo release version.
@bkeske,

I have an Ortofon Cadenza mono..... last time I mounted it, I got a little distortion. Realized later I didn't take into account the slight/off STP distance my VPI still has. Need to re-try.
"Hell-On" isn't Neko's best sounding lp but after a good cleaning it's very enjoyable.
@slaw

I will be very interested in how the mono cart performs. I would think It has to be better than the external switch box I was considering.

The Soundsmith is out for delivery, and I have so much work to do today. But, It will be hard not to mount it as soon as it arrives ;-)

I have an Ortofon Cadenza mono..... last time I mounted it, I got a little distortion. Realized later I didn’t take into account the slight/off STP distance my VPI still has. Need to re-try.
A Tonic for the Troops .... The Boomtown Rats.

Avid now has the new to me Origin Live Encounter mk3c tonearm mounted.
Still with the Ortofon Black Cadenza.

Fully aligned and set up by drrsutliff including using the WallySkater for antiskate.

Just left with tweaking vta by ear but I think we are VERY close right now.
Uberwaltz,

Yes indeed, I saw The Tubes 3 times and I have all of their records, still in perfect condition.  In my college days, living in the dorms, we had Tubes Night parties in my room.  Back then I had a Marantz 2270 receiver, a Philips 212 turntable with Audio Technica AT-15SA, a Soundcraftsmen dual 10-band EQ, and a pair of  Altec 12" 3-ways.  Bad-a** system for a 21 year old guy.  The Tubes lit up the room, and we all lit up something else...😁
The Tubes were a kick a$$ fun band, not sure I have all their albums but I have quite a number.

White Punks on Dope was a huge number in England...can't think why😇.

Slaw.

It's sounding freaking awesome right now brother!