Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw  - Let me know what you think of "Spirit in the Sky". Norman Greenbaum is always considered as a One Hit Wonder based on the great title track - "Spirit in the Sky". I bought a nice clean copy last year, and I enjoy the whole album quite a bit.
Will do @reubent. I stumbled upon this copy and upon reading the, at that time.. reviewer’s comments, it interested me more than ever.
@reubent 

Let me know what you think of "Spirit in the Sky". Norman Greenbaum is always considered as a One Hit Wonder based on the great title track - "Spirit in the Sky". I bought a nice clean copy last year, and I enjoy the whole album quite a bit.

I’ve got that album, have had it since the mid-70’s. I concur, haven’t listened to it for a while, but not a bad album in total beyond ‘spirit’. Always enjoyed it.
Slaw
I totally missed that Greenbaum album In your list.
Does Spirit bring back memories....
The absolutely most played song at every disco in England through the 70,s period!
If the floor was a bit quiet all any dj had to do was play Spirit and dance macabre ensued.
I will have to play the whole album to see what I think.
Nice find.
FWIW, mine is the original tri-colored Reprise label.....orange top, thin white stripe, tan bottom.

Other Lives "Tamer Animals"
@slaw  - 
FWIW, mine is the original tri-colored Reprise label.....orange top, thin white stripe, tan bottom.

Mine too. Listening to it now......

There's just something I love about Other Lives. Never been able to put a reasonable thought-to-paper explaination.
@noromance well that is one fine looking tonearm !!!!!! Sonic thoughts or 2 soon to know ????
Nikki Sudden & the Jacobites "Texas"

Stumbled across this band a while back. Since bought another 3 lps. Upon listening, seems like another artist ahead of his time that died too young
You all should check him out?
I know First World problems, leftover “ girls “

I agree the RM-4 is a bit I rescued for $125 , so we shall see... kicking myself for selling the Benz Ebony H at moment, but then again..... this hobby has it’s momentary lapses of reason...
@tomic601 ,

I was able to find a way to send a question to audio-maze. Apparently no proper website.
The horns on the first track is a complete surprise. Nice wide soundstage, SQ is great! The title song is really nice. I kind of have a feeling, the other songs may have just as much or more value. The last song on side one is expendable.
Side two,
Love the way it starts out. Then the songs continue with the unexpected horns and rockabilly that keeps me hanging on.
In the end, I think this lp in it’s entirety, is much better than it’s parts.
The HIT song, actually doesn’t fit in with the rest of the record.

BTW, love the front cover.

Enjoyable!
@slaw  - I like your mini review of "Spirit in the Sky". You thoughts pretty much mirror mine.
Just got in brand new never opened box set of Bob Dylan mono recordings.
Set of 9 albums total at a stunning price from a seller in Canada who listed it at low starting price and no reserve.
Shockingly I was the only bidder and got at opening bid even though I had seen these sets pre owned selling for a lot more during auction on ebay.
Some will be up next after a quick clean of the records.
Thanks guys.
Im really looking forward to them.
Going to spin some tonight when I’m Nice and relaxed.
Up now.

Firefly ...... Uriah Heep.
@tomic601 Yeah, the arm is pretty substantial and well made. It's been a little tricky optimizing as there are so many variables. Initial impressions at this time are favorable (considering the cost.) Wider and deeper soundstage while maintaining imaging. Improved color, timbre, and musicality. It might concede a teeny bit to the Jelco 850 at the very top of the frequency range. I am using minimal damping. Speakers have disappeared even more. The biggest change though is a removal of some harshness I didn't know was there without losing detail. Literally like opening a very clean window. Interesting.
Just mounted my Ortofon 2M mono cart on my heavily modded Rega Planar 2 and even with a quick eyeball setup tracking at 1.825g it sounds heavenly on The Freewheeling Bob Dylan from my mono box set.
very very happy with this mono setup.
Well I had such a positive revelation with the Hydra 8, that when I spotted a V-Ray, I had to pounce. It’s driving my amp, subs and my 4. Put my Anaconda on the V-Ray.
Another very positive upgrade.
Uber I have two mono systems, what they lack in stereophonic groove they make up in menial task enhancement ! You can find them on my virtual system pages: Kitchen and Bathroom Sonos 
Other Lives "Tamer Animals". again

This record is so much more expansive and open than it was last night, courtesy of the V-Ray.
@noromance ,

Was looking at your arm. Out of curiosity, how much damping fluid are you currently using?
@slaw It’s very viscous. I’d say about 1/5 of the lower part of the ball is in it.
Mono is different...... A whole new level of detail and presence.
Of course I think these Dylan mono records have a lot to do with it.

A whole lot of Shunyata conditioning going on Slaw.
On your findings I broke down and bought a Hydra 8, Hydra2 and a Diamondback power cord.
Have to sit down and figure best way to configure everything when they arrive.
Noromance.
Is the tonearm a stock item or did they custom build it for you.
Looks mighty impressive from the pictures.
i really like the straight through wand.
@uberwaltz,

Over the years, I’ve tried all of the second generation power cords before the 8 & V-RAY. From Copperhead to Anaconda. I sold my Python a few months back because it was way too long for my needs and the Signal Cable silver was a noticeable upgrade @ a sixth of the cost. At the time of my experimenting, the Taipan & Anaconda were the price performers at used prices. Look forward to hearing what you come up with.

BTW, I've been impressed enough with the Mark Tunis interconnects that I'll probably try some of his silver PCs.