For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@uberwaltz,

What’s the difference do you think? By my memory, it is a consistently recorded set. I do have the 1st pressing, if that makes any difference? $54.95. It was too good a deal to pass on then.
My bad Slaw.
I was referring to the actual content and the quality of the original recording, not the quality of the box set pressing itself.

I am not a huge Hendrix fan I must admit but do far there has not been much sparkle to the recordings. Not much to hold my interest for long if that makes sense.

However as mine is also an original first pressing at slightly more than you paid,I am not upset in any monetary sense.

Just was maybe hoping for more.
Had it a while and never played anything off it until recently.

Susan and the smoky sultry band have me casting about for an early afternoon Bourbon.... just a sliver of ice..... wind, rain, grey, palm fronds blowing down a deserted street....
For the heck of it... just US cleaned Rolling Stones "Flowers" London/BellSound

This may be a winner for a lp that presents the most inconsistencies, song to song of any I've ever heard.
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey

@tomic601 - looking at the same wind, rain and deserted streets
@nicks25 ya man Van perfect for the mood my buddy named his Dog Tupelo ....
FWIW: Years ago, I had the thought of starting from scratch with all of my interconnects, because I was using several different brands through years of several different components. I felt the best way to start was with re-wiring my entire system with Blue Jeans Cable. I went on from there, building up. While I still have a couple of high dollar phono cables, I found the Bob’s Devices mid line, silver over copper with Cardas RCAs has really been a GO-TO phono cable. I did try and still own a top line Anti-Cable & Morrow Audio phono but in my current set-up it doesn’t work...too short. I then went to Anti-Cables 3.2 for the rest of my system w/KIE Harmony RCAs and have been in love.

So, last week, I had an accident and had to remove all interconnects except for the phono. Replaced with my BJC. SQ is fine, just not up to the standards I’ve been use to.

Hence the new cables coming soon. Gonna order upgraded KIE RCAs to fix my mistake.

So, having said that @tomic601 , I cannot confidently say exactly what I hear on the new Aoife EP, other than it sounds very good.
Slaw
You cannot leave it at that!
What accident would necessitate the removal of interconnects and not to reuse them?
Curious minds need to know....
Great album nicks.
I found I had three copies couple weeks ago!
And on reel to reel.   Lol.
Somethings are best left unsaid.....
..........................I am, after all, a human (bean).

Up next....

Dire Straits "Solid Rock"/"Love Over Gold" 10"/45rpm/UK/Vertigo

My feeling is this is the same music/venue from my "Alchemy-Live" UK, only at 45 rpm.
Feels cheated of a great story.......

Lol.

No worries my friend,I am sure you have already berated yourself repeatedly if it was a self inflicted accident.

As long as you are ok and can still spin Vinyl the world will still revolve.
Thanks guys for your understanding.

Just think what some may do with further admissions, (chakster)
Another cleaning story, listening, again to Low. Earlier, sides 3&4 had many ticks. Probably played it once, 3 years ago. It still had lots of ticks. Put it thru a deep steam, then a 50 minute US cycle. 
Playing now, Wow! Tics gone.

Never give up!

Yeah but don’t tell Chak or Mijo  that cleaning records actually works.
It might burst their fragile little bubble.

a great example here.
Found this album in the dollar bin, looked clean so spun it. Lot of pops and general background hash.
30 minutes at 44 degrees C and playing it right now.

No background hash and only heard one pop so far and nearly finished side one.

Aurora .... Jean Luc Ponty
The timer on my us machine only goes to 30 minutes Slaw.
Oneday I will just try one run through twice so 60 minutes, see if any improvement from 30.
Put on first lp, side one from Jimi (purple velvet box),  sounds very transparent. All important musical factors are present. Nice bass.

Meets all my previous expectations.
If my memory serves me correctly 
record #1 was not bad.
record #2+3 not very impressed 
record #4 better.again though it is mostly the actual material that I was underwhelmed with.
i guess it helps to be a Hendrix fan.....
Uber,

Interesting, my former Chinese tank, stated a max time of 50 min. Then 10 a ten minute wait before resumming another cycle. The Vibrato has no similar limitations.
After lp one of Hendix, I’ll move on.

To me, the box sounds so present, like you are there.
I will still work my way through them all but I suspect I will never open the box again.... lol.
Uber, once again, interesting you have such differing opinions of those sides?

This suggests to me that something isn't stable in your playback?
Slaw
My opinions of the sides are more based on the fact that to myself most of records 2+3 sound/feel more like outtakes.
Record #4 had a lot more musicality and cohesiveness to it.
imho 

Hey I might love it by time I get to record #8!
lol
Uber

I’m glad we can have these discussions  and still be friends.

Love you brother.
@tomic601 i wanted to wait until Steve had a chance to listen before I said anything about Aoife’s new EP.   I think the music has beauty and presence and great sound.  I think She has gained in confidence.  Whatever was done to make this record, purposeful (likely) or accident, sound so Human and moving, it worked.  Maybe they turned up the vocals. The last note creates one of those moments - you know what I mean.  
Well @spiritofradio,

You do have a way...of writing that speaks to the soul.
I love that about you.Given my previous posts, I feel confident that anyone waiting for a negative review, will have to wait a very long time.
I just don't think, at the point of time I'm in, this lp will out perform sonically, The Stills lp!
Man..... I decided to pace myself and hold off the libation... take an excellent nap ( a couch in the listening room is acoustical sleep treatment! And we now have a top secret incident necessitating the replacement of IC!s
feel for ya man :-) 
I do understand loosing the baseline with changes. I purposely put 100 hours on the AQ- Fire Phono cable before slipping in the Herron... both are jelling.... 
Jim, 

I assume you are AQ all the way with your Vandersteens/relationship?

I was top secret until I decided to share...my brother.
Peter Gabriel- Secret World Live ( comparison between NAS bit perfect RIP and streaming: Tidal and Qobuzz (44x24)