For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Kings - "Are Here"

IMHO, the Combo of "This Beat Goes On" and "Switchin' to Glad" is one of the best party anthems ever!
@uberwaltz - I had Thomas Dolby - "The Golden Age of Wireless" in my hand yesterday and put it back. Later saw your post. I wonder how many people in the World played that record yesterday? Anyway, instead of copying you, I pulled out Thomas Dolby - "The Flat Earth" and I'm giving it a spin. Don't think I've listened to it in more than 30 years.
@reubent .

I could say something pithy like great minds think alike or fool’s seldom differ but I will just go for very odd!

Mind through these forums I have found a fellow member not half mile from myself! Here I thought was only audio obsessive in my town , now I know not alone...lol
The Tubes - "What do you Want From Live"

One of the best live albums EVER! Seriously, EVER!
The Tubes! Seriously? What a Blast!
Nice one.

Inspired me to drag this beast out.

All Those Wasted Years ... Hanoi Rocks.

You love or hate em!
reubent, I had that album in college. Really a great album. Listened to it again recently. Some songs maybe a little dated and as one reviewer said when the album came out: Face the Face could be used in an ad for headache powders (I thinks that's the one.) I need to buy that one again.
AC/DC  - Highway to Hell  - 180g reissue, for many years I considered this to be the greatest Rock and Roll album of all time. Still in my top 3 for sure. But the people that pressed this reissue should be schitt canned, noisy vinyl, cut off center, and the first copy I picked up was warped to hell and back. 
Welcome back Slaw.

Just slipped my ADC ZLM cart into the Black Widow and it leaves the Pickering XSV3000 in the dust. Much more balanced all round and tracking at just 1.0g.

Simple Minds Live!
@6t5-gto.
Still one of the greatest rock shows I have ever attended was AC/DC way back 77 I think
Complete with Bon Scott
Angus was a total lunatic, we were front stage right against a speaker stack.
After no more than 5 minutes Angus sweat was flying everywhere, no idea how he played with all that sweat and yes we got covered.
Just so much energy it was electric!

@uberwaltz,

Are the cartidges you're referring to P-mount? I don't have any experience with any of them.
@6t5-gt0,

I don't know if you're interested but I bought the AC/DC box (slip cover) that includes everything from "Jailbreak '74" - "The Razors Edge" & the "Live" two lp collectors edition at least 10 years ago. All of the studio lps sound VERY good, consistent, quiet vinyl. Don't know if it's still available.
@slaw .

They are all just old vintage mm carts from the 70,s.
The Black Widow arm is a very light arm and works well with high compliance carts.
I have a few models to work through to see which I prefer while I give the Nottingham TT a rest for a while.

Just good fun as these carts are mostly available for fairly low cost and whatever I do not like I can just resell again at about the same price .
Hank Jones Solo Piano Savoy reissue, recorded '56, released '79. And a Benny Goodman quartet 10".

@uberwaltz, I saw AC/DC around that same time. Did Thin Lizzy open for them? I didn't (and don't) care for TL, but AC/DC I love to death! They alone are why I require a pair of speakers that play real loud ;-) . Well, they and Beethoven. 
@bdp24 .

No TL did not, this was back in Blighty and I really do not recall who opened, obviously not anybody I was interested in or noteworthy .... Lol.

And yes being right in front of speaker stack I was deaf for 3 days and severe ringing and buzzing for quite some time after!

But was it worth it?
Heck yes!
@n80 - I love "White City". I bought the CD when it came out and recently bought the LP. I also found a 12" 45 single of "Face the Face", plus the live version of "Face the Face" from the "White City" movie. The sound quality on the 12" 45 is really good.

Have you seen the short movie of Pete Townshend's "White City"? You can find it on YouTube (in 2 parts). Worth an hour to watch, if you like Pete Townshend.
@reubent I have not seen that video. Will look it up.

Also, Desolation Boulevard was the second album I ever bought after BTO's Not Fragile. I think The Sweet is a somewhat overlooked band. Ever since then (junior high maybe?) I've been a bit of a glam rock fan. That's part of the reason I'm so crazy about The Struts. They don't mention Sweet as an influence but they sound like them and have covered Ballroom Blitz!
@slaw I had a short window for listening and then had to head out for the evening, sorry for the slow response. 
I will look for a copy of that box set. I will play a copy of Back in Black tonight to see if it is any better than the HtoH copy but I am not thinking it is going to be. 

To respond late to the AC/DC thread I kinda started...I grew up a huge fan of AC/DC but was always a little young for my folks to be ok with me going to see them alone. I was saving for tickets when Bon died and I was crushed, as HtH was in constant rotation from the time I heard it on "New Album Night at Midnight" and bought it the next morning when the record store opened. Almost too much 8 months later as I was saving for tickets for Zep and the news came about Bonzo. 1980 sucked.
My parents had agreed to let me go out of town to Greensboro to see Led Zep about 2 months before Bonzo died. I was 17. Of course that show never happened. Hate that I missed that opportunity.
Oh, and I never saw AC/DC with "the new guy" who just happened to stay around 35 years or so. I guess if I couldn't see them with Bon I didn't want to see them. I regret that as I bet the BiB tour was badass and towards the end it was a really huge spectacle 
Post removed 
John Doe "Westerner" EX SQ. Interestingly, Debbie Harry & Chan Marshall contribute. Mastered by Chris Bellman.
…………………………………………..
Welcome @dumacker.
Sarah Shook is my new favorite female artist. She really has something to say. I wonder how to classify artists quite a bit now that there are so many genre bending artists. I’d say Sarah is to country rock as Lucinda Williams is to country, blues rock. How’s that?
………………………………………………………………………
Shawn Colvin  "A Few Small Repairs"  20th Anniversary
@uberwaltz,

One of my very favorite records! Excuse me for being picky...It should be Leftoverture.
Regarding the Shawn Colvin lp… I ordered it around 3 years ago through SSD. It was then advertised as a re-master by Bernie Grundman. After close to two years of never receiving it, I called BG Mastering. I was told that it wasn't scheduled....

I finally ordered the Sony Legacy. I think, after listening, while it sounds good, upon closer listening, it should have much more low end information. SC is one of my faves.
No problem @slaw .
Darn autocorrect!
That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Kookoo ... Debbie Harry
Well I mentioned the other week (Black Friday) that I was going to try and complete my Alejandro Escovedo collection. I accomplished most of it. So I’m going to start with his earlier stuff I did not have and hopefully go throughout the weekend, and complete my listening to my new (to me) lps. Apparently, 2 were not previously available on vinyl. I acquired those two.... "Gravity" & "Thirteen Years" recently. They seemingly were first available on vinyl in 2016’s RSD releases. Originally on Watermelon Records, now on New West. These two. I’ll start with tonight.

I’ve come to realize AE is one of my top male artists in the last 2 decades.

I’m waiting on my steamer to cool down so I’ll listen to something else in the mean time. Bonnie Raitt "Luck of the Draw" OP/EU
@slaw, did you ever see Rank & File live, or have any of their albums? AE played guitar in that band in the 1980’s, and I saw them a few times in L.A. Alejandro performed live at Music Millennium here in Portland on Record Store Day last year, I believe it was. Still going strong at 67 years of age!
@bdp24 ,

Glad you chimed in. No... I’ve never heard of Rank n File. He really is IMO such a thoughtful, all the while a rocker-of-an-artist!

He's certainly paid his dues, to all of our credit!

I have met Alejandro a few times (briefly)through some of my musician friends. Super nice guy. For some reason I never fully clicked with his solo stuff but I should give it more time on the turntable. I did enjoy a True Believers reunion show he did with John Dee several years back. They are both stellar musicians 
@6t5-gt0,

In my experience, you cannot go wrong my friend.

Really digging "Gravity"!
Putting on "Thirteen Years" now. If anyone reading this has yet to check out this artist...I highly recommend you do..
AC/DC - Back in Black reissue  - just fkn awful, worse than HtoH reissue. SQ is schitt, low-end is terrible, sounds like it was printed on 80grit sandpaper. I am going to look up who pressed these, they should be sued. Albums this great should not be treated this badly. utter fail 
Couldn't even finish side one.

Now 
The B-52's - The B-52's- yellow album, Mofi silver label,  awesome 

@slaw I don't know them but will check them out