For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Schools Out .... Alice Cooper.

This was our anthem every time term was over at school!
Don Shirley - "Piano"

Another 1959 Release gifted to my by my father-in law.
Live Dates ... Wishbone Ash.

Another $1 find and it looks and sounds like it has never been played.

Awesome Sauce!

Btw what happened to Slaw?
Gone awol.
@uberwaltz,

I don’t usually have time to listen through the week. I may put on one or two later.

Here's two lps I received in the mail this week that I'm looking forward to...…

Sarah Shook & The Disarmers "Years"
Crooked Still "Shaken by a Low Sound"
Frank Sinatra - "Come Dance With Me"

1959 UK Pressing - Capitol SLCT 6179

The last of the interesting ones from the hand me down stash from my fatter-in-law.

Really not my cup-o-tea, but the sound quality is pretty fantastic.
Loggins and Messina - "Mother Lode"

Pulled this "gifted" record off the shelf after seeing it mentioned on the recent "If you could only keep 5 albums" thread. Can't say I remember ever listening to it before. Well, its a crappy copy. Beat up and very noisy. Otherwise sounds like a pretty good record. I'll hold judgement until I've been al the way through it. That is, if I can tolerate the noise.
@slaw 

good to hear from you, hoped I had not upset you.

i hear you on time! However last week I was off due to no work and this week I took vacation and indeed flying to New Mexico tomorrow morning so will be radio silence from me on this thread until Tuesday next week

of course I will be streaming a Tidal on the plane and the hotel in the evening through my trusty phone and Klipsch earbuds.
Traces .... Steve Perry 

New 180gm copy.

Some neat old albums there Reubent but not really my cup o char either.
Starting out with one from last week, side 3 to warm things up.....

Maria Taylor "In The Next Life". Did I say last week how much I love this lp? 

Jeff Beck "Live +"
@slaw - Good to see you back. Are you gonna post your records played for 48 hours straight again this weekend? :~)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - "Tarkus" - Picked up this morning from the "new today" used record bin at my LSR. Thanks to Nutty for the mention of Tarkus in another thread.
@reubent,

It's very possible my friend. I gotta make up for my loss of listening through the week, you know.

BTW, the Jeff Beck lp above sounds fantastic!
Sting "Mercury Falling" 1996/Re-Issue/EU/Universal....from my memory, it sounds very good. I believe the OP was on HP’s list.
"Mercury Falling" is a wonderful sounding record. I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned here by anyone but me, as long as I’ve been a member. Way overlooked. It should be in the top three, of Sting’s solo records.
……………………………..
ZZ Top "El Loco"

Tom Petty "Into the Great Wide Open".....the last lp from the Volume 1 box.
Going by my memory, I'm thinking a comparison may be in order to my OP/EU of this lp.?
So the Blue Oyster Cult Album - "Agents of Fortune", side 1 was fantastic. Good songs, including the classic "Don't Fear the Reaper" and the sound quality was pretty fantastic. Side 2 was just the opposite. Bad songs, flat sound. Sounded like 2 completely different albums. Funny, I've listened to the record many times, 35+ years ago, and never noticed the crappy side 2. Perhaps we never flipped the record over..........
Just arrived today via USPS, from Romania, after being ordered about a month ago via Discogs:

Elvis Costello - "All This Useless Beauty"  

Music on Vinyl, 180 gram audiophile vinyl pressing. New, sealed. Sounds great and easily superior to the OP CD I also own.
@reubent ,

Interesting about the BOC lp. Did you look at the liner notes to see if it was recorded all at once in the same studio or maybe over time at different studios? On other threads lately, some have been asking if the same mastering engineer actually mastered both sides of a particular lp.

You are brave ordering from Romania my friend. Glad it worked out.
……………..
Just compared side 2 of TP "Into the Great Wide Open". My EU/no more than 120gr pressing out classed the 180 gr re-master in the Vol. 1 box. In a way I’m glad in that my musical memory is still working. This is the only lp out of that box that seemed less than...to me.

@bdp24,

I wanted to bring you in here because on the track "Built to Last" from the Tom Petty lp above. There is a bass drum being played. To me, it sounds like the sort of drum we would normally see in a high school band, hit by a damped drum stick. Can you hear it and tell me what kind of drum it is?

Boston  "Third Stage". Damn good record. No one really talks about though?
My plan for the next few hours...……
The Joe Perry Project "Let the Music Do the Talking"
Roger Waters "The Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking"
The Joe Perry lp is proving to be a darn good lp.

I think I'm going to put on The Firm's "S/T" lp now.

@reubent,

Check out Robert Finley "Goin' Platinum". You may like it!
@slaw - I'm too lazy to pull out the BOC record to check on who mastered it. Maybe next time. Or, I could just listen to the good side..........

@reubent ,

I think either way, time wise, it will equal out.
……………………
The Firm "S/T". Wow! ...a very good sounding lp. The immense soundstage is pretty remarkable for a rock record!
Robert Finley "Goin' Platinum"

Dan Auerbach (kind of) discovered him. No, just brought him more to the forefront. Another great artist. I hope you all check him out!
Dave Matthews "Live @ Red Rocks". This is an excellent sounding set!
………………………….
Hello @6t5-gto
@reubent great record, my copy of that record is pretty rough, I need Slaw's ultra sonic treatment on it. I had tickets to see Frank Marino in 1981 (Riot and Triumph were supposed to open). About a month before the show the band broke up and the show was cancelled. Returned my tickets for Frank Zappa tickets and saw the You Are What You Is Tour. Great show, Steve Vai on guitar but Zappa owned it. Never saw Frank Marino after that 
@6t5-gto - Cool. I never saw Frank Marino either. But based on the record, I bet it would have been a good show.

On the TT now:

Allan Holdsworth - "Metal Fatigue"
Dire Straits  - Dire Straits  

Simon & Garfunkel  - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme  - We are Vinyl reissue, pretty well done 
@reubent ,

I love that era of Manfred Mann
…………………………

@6t5-gto,

Does this mean you may have to converse with me?
………………………
Richard Thompson "Mirror Blue"    EU pressing
@slaw ha, maybe so. I need to find someone local with an US machine and see if I need to justify the cost of investing in one of my own. If I had thousands and thousands of LPs I could see it pretty easily, but I am in the hundreds, not thousands and that makes the cost justification a bit tougher. 

Right now I am playing Jackson Browne  - Running on Empty  - love the record but this copy/pressing sounds gawd awful and could probably use a much better cleaning 
@6t5-gto,

I don’t know if you read through the thread I referred you to.....

What I’ve ended up with probably cost me $700.00. and it outperforms my Audio Desk. I’d call that a F...ing bargain!
……………..

I love Jackson Browne. I have a 12" 45rpm of that song. Sounds great! Having said that, while all of the JB lps I own sound very good, if you can find The Pretender" on MFSL. that is one great sounding record!
@slaw schitt, $700 I can do, I think the only thread I found referred to your Auto Desk, and I struggle justifying a $4000 investment. But I am interested in that $700 setup. I better go back and look for the thread again. 
@6t5-gto,

I need to introduce you to the great Glen Hansard.

I'm going to put on one of his projects next... The Frames "Fitzcarraldo", Wow! Check that out!
@reubent and @slaw, one era of the Manfred Mann history that is little known is that of the Chapter Three years. They made two albums for Vertigo UK, one in ’69 the other in ’70. I have the debut, and love it. Only Manfred Mann himself and drummer Mike Hugg (moving onto vocals and piano) remain from the original line-up, and the music is a relatively accessible example of Fusion, but more Rock than Jazz. And in good sound, no surprise with a Vertigo LP.
I have seen some of the copies of The Pretender on MFSL but I keep seeing mediocre looking copies, still keeping my eyes open for a very good copy of it. Great record. 
Thanks @bdp24,

I'm still trying to digest @6t5-gto's last post. 

I'm trying to be helpful but sometimes I just don't know what to do?

@slaw, that drum on "Built To Last" sounds like what you think it is, what’s called a concert bass drum. The same drum in a shallower depth (drumhead-to-drumhead) is played in marching bands at football games, and is then referred to as a marching or parade bass drum (for the obvious reason ;-) . Both sound as they do because they are 1- much larger in diameter than a drumset bass drum (28" minimum, usually larger), so there is less tension on the head, and 2- played with a "mallet", a stick with a large felt ball on the end that strikes the head, the felt creating a sound with less "attack" than does a normal drumstick’s wood or plastic tip. Good ear there buddy!

By the way, one of the reasons John Bonham’s bass/kick drum had it’s well-known unique sound was that he played a 26", as opposed to the more common 20" (Ringo’s kit on the early Ed Sullivan shows and the ’64 U.S. tour, and one of Ginger Baker’s two kicks), 22" (Ringo’s subsequent kits, and Baker’s second kick. Keith Moon’s double-kick set contained two 22"), or the occasional 24" (many Big Band drummers including Buddy Rich, as well as Mitch Mitchell and Carmine Appice). The second reason was he used no muffling in the drum or on it’s heads, playing it "wide open". The third was he had it distant mic’ed, not close mic’ed. And fourth, he "buried" the felt bass drum beater into the head; that means instead of letting the beater bounce off the head after each note, he kept the beater pressed tight against the head, which tends to kill the natural resonance and ringing of the head, a form of damping.

@bdp24,

Thanks for getting back to me on that. My EU copy of "Into the Great Wide Open" lets me hear that much easier. The drum has more body, natural sounding.
…………………………………..
Frida "Something's Going On"
The Frida lp is enjoyable, has EX SQ.

Crooked Still "Shaken By a Low Sound". If you’re familiar with Aoife O’Donovan...this is her folk(?)/bluegrass band.