Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Reub, you may be familiar with  L'Art du Son, but if not I would certainly recommend you give it a try on your "Spike". I have had nothing but  excellent, and in some cases, amazing results with it. I desperately tried to find a decent Bob Seger "Stranger in Town" and ended up with three bad copies which all "looked" fairly good but I was ready to trash them until I discovered L'Art du Son. One is now an 8.5 out of 10.
Used correctly it may fix your "Spike". 
One thing I firmly believe is that you cannot always clean a 20/30 year old record in five minutes. Like the bugs on the front of your car, left too long, they harden and need to be soaked before you can wash them off. I often soak my records between two sheets of cling wrap for up to an hour to soften that old grime before washing with LArt du Son...maybe worth a try on Spike...
and, on my Michell Orbe tonight I have Boz Scaggs and Sade...both as clean as a whistle...!
Reubent,

just found “After the Gold Rush” last weekend in a barn find. Looked rough, but for $1 I took a chance. I cleaned it up and played it last night. The platter looked VG but played a solid VG+.
@mukiwa - Thank you for your reply. I am considering an upgrade to my record cleaning process and I'll take your comments under advisement.

Regarding my copy of "Spike", it has some visible scratches, etc., so it may never be "good enough". I'm considering sending it back due to "not as advertised/graded". When I received it, it looked pretty good, but it was covered by some type of fibers, like fine carpet fibers. Once I ran it through the Spin-Clean, the defects were visible.

I like the record enough that I just may buy a sealed one since it is not an expensive record at this point.
@16f4 - I looked through my record collection last night and found 4 copies of "After the Gold Rush". I should be covered......... :~)

The copy I played last night I received as a bonus with another record I ordered. It's an older copy, maybe an original/early pressing. It was covered in dust/fibers, so I ran it through the Spin-Clean. It came out clean as a whistle and played really nicely. I think I'll do a little homework on the copies I have and cull out a couple of them. I may end up keeping the new freebee as it played really well.
Reubent, you’ve inspired me (again). I pulled out a freebie I got at a garage sale, Coleman Hawkins “Soul”. The sleeve was moldy and not salvageable.  The record had a crust (!) on it, probably from being stored in a barn.   Just passed it through the Spin-Clean and then through my new toy (Pro-Ject VCS) and I am playing it now.  Solid VG.  Enjoying the music immensely.  
Van Morrison "A Period of Transition"...to get the cart warned up
The Teskey Brothers "Half Mile Harvest"
Big Star "3rd" OP
Ten Years After "Live at the Fillmore East" 1970/first time on vinyl
…………………………………
Welcome @16f4,

I liked what I read about that Pro-Ject VCS. Hope you enjoy it.
Welcome @krelldog , @ mukiwa,

Regarding the L' Art du Son, it has to be refrigerated doesn't it? I seem to remember it's shelf life isn't very long either? With a Spin Clean, using their fluid is recommended because it has additives that allow the dirt particles to float to the bottom. Important when one is reusing the same water to clean additional lps.
@reubent ,

Finished listening to The Teskey Brothers. Very enjoyable! There seems to be a resurgent of like bands in the last few years.... St/ Paul & the Broken Bones, The Marcus King Band, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats to name a few, and I ain't complaining.
@slaw - I've listened to The Teskey Brothers LP a couple of times. Pretty good stuff. I wish the first album was available on LP and not just as a digital download. It seemed like a more interesting album to me. I'm going to go out to Bandcamp and listen to it again, to confirm those thoughts.

Happy Weekend!
@reubent ,

If you are referring to "I Get Up", I ordered mine the same day as "HMH" off of Amazon. Suppose to be here by the end of this month.
Decided to listen to Ten Years After later on...

Prince "Black Album" OP/Erotic City Records
The White Stripes  "Elephant"
^ love that album. Sparkle horse ❤️
I'll que next, danger mouse & danille luppi "Rome" 

Elvis Costello "this years model"
pretenders debut 

Aretha Franklin  - Aretha's Gold  - MFSL 
The Cars - The  Cars  - MFSL
Boston - Boston - reissue blue vinyl - surprisingly good
S&G - Bridge Over Troubled Water  - MFSL One Step  - so great 
Paul Simon  - Graceland 
Elliott Smith  - Either/or 
Just finished up Beausoleil “Hot Chili Mama”. Tarbarnak!  C’est bon!  

Slaw, loving the Pro-Ject VCS.  Really speeds up my cleaning process. 
@slaw - I'm talking about The Teskey Brothers S/T album that is on Bandcamp. When I looked for it on vinyl, I could not find it.
Hey Guys!
Larkin Grimm / Parplar

The LOW concert lat night was phenomenal! Highly recommend seeing them. Very talented trio. They played for about 2 hours without a break. Encore was "murderer" off my favorite album from them "drums & guns"
@boxer12,

Great! I’ve got to get "Drums & Guns", it is one of their 5 lps I have in one of my carts.
………………………..
Weinland "Breaks in the Sun"
Awesome slaw. My son who isn't familiar with them, was impressed as well. We were sitting at a table so I was able to observe him & he was enthralled. During one of there songs (one I wasn't familiar with) they went into one of their jams where it sounded like they were going off the ledge, just to bring it back again (a few times). It was about 10 minutes of a great song with moments of obviously planned chaos blended in. He was in awe. The last time I saw that was at a Wilco concert where he was just beaming. Great Time.

Beth Gibbons / Out of season
Peter Gabriel  -  Security 

@boxer12 I need to see if Low has already passed thru town. They seem like they could be a very show 
Man this album takes me back, I saw Peter Gabriel 3 times in the 80's with the Security tour being one of them, Sam Houston Coliseum on the 4th row,  I wish I still had the jersey style concert shirt from this show. What a great show 
Jenny Lewis w/ The Watson Twins "Rabbit Fur Coat" SQ = 10
…………………………
@6t5-gt0,

I forget, was Tony Levin, Peter’s bass player at that time?
@slaw  you are correct,  Tony Levin played the bass and "the stick" on Security and for the Security tour and the So album and Tour 

Talking Heads  - Stop Making Sense 
Wow, Peter had Tony Levin as a bass player. Must have been great shows

Fleetwood Mac / Penguin
I don't think the Bob Welch years for FM get enough credit. This is good stuff.
Love Bob ( I still pull out ’French Kiss" every once in a while) as well as Danny.
………………………………..
M Ward "Transfiguration"
Donovan  "Storyteller"  MsMusic/Audio Fidelity
@boxer12,

Has there been any other band that has lasted as long as FM, through several generations, while making great music, having great lp sales, and are still going in some respect????
Not that I can think of slaw. I give Mick a lot of credit for keeping it alive throughout the major changes in the lineup. Pretty impressive.
@slaw so much travel lately and some other issues have not had me with enough listening time lately so it is hard to say. The table sounds phenomenal, and the vast improvement in the low end has made it easily worth the investment but I tend to think a cart takes 100 to 300 hours to get fairly well broken in and I am not anywhere close to this on this table. 
But this EAT sounds excellent. 

The Police  - Ghost in the Machine 
@6t5-gto,

May I ask what TT you had previously? Do you have a device to check speed?
………………………………………..

BTW, I have the Police box/ re-mastered/half speed @ Abbey Road on order.
Last week, I think, I played Eric Clapton "Behind The Sun". Well, my copy was warped. I’ve since put it through, 2, flattening processes. I think I’m ready to try again. It really has some nice songs.

After listening again, the sonics improved. I'm feeling good about buying the BG re-master, on dbl vinyl @ 45rpm
I think, it's going to be time to rock...hard after the EC lp..

Thin Lizzy "Johnny The Fox"
@boxer12,

It isn’t the product it once was. Please contact me if you are a potential customer.
………………..

I finally put on LP1 of Ten Years After...so far, so good.....
The Black Angels "Death Song":

I'll work my way through "TYA". It IS sounding very, very good!