What was the most expensive record that you ever bought ?

Not how much you paid, though we could post this too.

My most expensive record is Japanese pro first pressing of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis. It sounds better than any other pressing, though I don't have US test pressing, which might sound better still. I paid, I think, $170 for it including shipping from Japan.

inna

The only thing that's sucks is you spend big money on an unopened lp and one day you sell it for even bigger money.To find out it's a different copy and not the one on the cover...  So I don't buy sealed copies ,buyer  beware there is fraud everywhere......

Sealed vinyl might be defective, it's not always fraud. I don't buy them above, say, $20 either unless I can return it.

Thorens 125th Anniversary LP. I paid $350 for a mint copy.

However, I sold an LP for $2k once. 

I have not bought an LP since 1982, and I don't remember what they cost back then, but I know that I wasn't going out of my way to buy quality pressings.

However, within the last few years, I did pay a seller $100 for a JVC XRCD red book of Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits .  (It was Different Drum that I really wanted.)  The seller was raving about the sonic quality, but I didn't think it was that great.  IMO, the DCC red book of Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits Volume 2 sounds way better as does the MFSL red book of Simple Dreams, and I could probably go on and on about CDs I paid a lot less for that sound a lot better.

Anyway, a while back ago I was taking it out of its jewel case and it snapped in half.