What is your opinion of single driver speakers

Can anyone share their listening experience with Pearl Acoustics Sibelius speakers?

jmascian

I have Concentric drivers in my Tannoys and they are remarkable. The sound is from a single point source which producing amazing soundstage.

I bought a pair of Charney Companions with Voxativ drivers last February and I like them better than anything I heard at the Capital Audio Fest last month. They have a liveliness and presence that is better than any other speaker I have heard.

I have a pair of Charney Maestros with Voxativ drivers which I picked because I needed something relatively compact intended for corner placement (i.e., not Klipschorns). Great bass for the listening I do/my preferences, and I can only notice the very lowest of the lows missing on a couple of reference tracks. And they go way louder than I could ever want or need on 8 watts of 300b SET power.

I don't have experience with other single driver speakers.

fosolitude,

I wish Charney would return to Capital Audiofest.  For the two years they were at the show I thought they had one of the best sounding system there and for a relatively decent price.  I heard the Companion model with Voxativ and AER drivers.  I liked both drivers (I did not hear them with Lowthers), perhaps the AER a bit more because of its top end extension.  Either way, a remarkable system.  I preferred the Charney over the Cube Audio Nenuphar full range system at the show (smoother, more natural sounding frequency balance), but, it would be interesting to hear them against the Cube Audio Nenuphar Basis which employs a built in powered woofer with their full-range driver; this was a terrific sounding system I heard a bit more than a year ago at Capital Audiofest.