What Horn loaded speaker/ speaker system for $10k'ish and under

I’m looking to go potentially go back to a horn loaded speaker, or hybrid budget under $15k. I’ve had LaScala’s in the resent past (prior to my current Spendor D9.2’s that are for sale now) and loved them but I feel there is better out there for similar money.

JBL horns like the 4367 or 4349, S3900, S4700? Volti? LALS? others I’ve forgotten or not known.

I’d like to have efficiency above 90db,

extension to 35hz or close to it, I could live with subs though.

I’m not apposed to used in good condition, I will not buy black speakers though.

128x128glennewdick

The Rethm Maarga is a good call. Someone looking for a speaker in the $3,000 range should consider their Bhaava model.

JBL is absolutely killing this part of the market right now. I was never much of a JBL fan (the original L-100s were magnificently built but horrible sounding) until I heard the 4367 and S3900. Where Klipsch are nasal, harsh and have no low bass, these JBL's are neutral, dynamic and easily handle bass below 40 Hz. (Check out Klaus Voorman's unwinding his Low E string bass solo on Nilson's 'Jump Into the Fire ' or the sub-bass synth line on Stevie Wonder's 'I Believe When I Fall in Love', for true low bass power, then Pat Metheny and Charlie Haden 'Beyond the Missouri Sky' for pitch definition and bass detail. My jaw truly dropped. 

Very few companies have the resources to develop, test, and build their own drivers. JBL's new dual voice coil and diaphragm designs, as well as their mastery of horn design, are simply beyond the reach of their competition. 

Of all the JBLs that I've owned or listened to in the last 7 years or so, the 4367s gave me goose-bumps the most.  The M2s, K2s, Everests were better in some areas, but my overall favorite was the 4367.  

Check out the Pure Audio Project models with the horn. I've got the Trio15 Horn1 and they are superb! Highly sensitive and easy to drive (I drive mine with a 4.3-watt 2A3 tube stereo amp, Whammaerdyne). Glorious music makers.

JBL's seem to be well liked here. i'll have to go for a listen.

Pure Audio project have been on my radar for a while now but i don't believe i have the space for them. 

I've also looked at Rethm but i don't feel they are what i'm looking for obviously not horn loaded but i do like a single driver full ranger in some smaller applications.

PBN looks interesting.