What good tube preamp match for hafler 220 amp?

2nd system set up cambrigde cd player,paradigm mk11 speakers acurus L10 preamp&hafler220amp.Also pair up with acurus a-150 amp but like the sound better from the hafler.My taste from smooth jazz to classic rock Thx Pete215
pete215
Looking for warmth but less money than the modded QS L/S? Maybe a used stock QS L/S, used C-J tubed pre, used Cary or Rogue also might do the trick. For a new preamp, not used, the tube preamps from Vincent are affordable and well reviewed. As long as you don't need a balance control, they are worth trying. You can get them from some of the mail order houses with a return option, IIRC.
Thanks for your suggestions.I do have a Quicksilver L/S mated to a McCormack modded .05 amp with a Rega apollo.The Q/S was modded by RHBdezigns.The sound is divine and has converted me to tube sound,therefor wanting tube warmth sound in 2nd system.Thx
When I had a Hafler DH-220 it was paired with a stock McCormack TLC-1. It was a very sweet sounding combination that I liked very much. I don't know if budget is a factor but the cost of a used TLC-1 is probably more than double the cost of a used stock Hafler DH-220 right now.
I use to sell these and I don't remember them being very demanding in pre choice. I would think any good tube would work fine. If you see a rebuilt PAS3 Dynaco that might be good as Dave Hafler designed that as well. Otherwise I would look at older models from established companies like CJ or AR. Smaller companies like Blue Circle make good ones also. I would look for the best bargain if I didn't have a specific sound in mind. The matching Hafler 101 was a good pre for its time although it is SS.