What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
George, I appreciate that you responded with a more constructive post. I’m not going to get further involved as, for me, hi-fi is about the music more than the equipment although the latter isn’t without interest. I also don’t pretend to have the level of knowledge evidently demonstrated by numerous contributors to these forums.

As for the vexed issue of speaker loads and compatible amps, my kit (now and potential) is unlikely to engage that conundrum in the foreseeable future, although, part of my curiosity wishes I was able to arrange a real world listen to a heavy-load speaker pair with a quality Class D amp :-). Sadly, I’m not in a position to do so!

For context, my own system is relatively lowly and even if a demo goes well later this week (a distinctly non-classic NAD C 658 - hence my own interest in adding a power amp), the new kit will hardly be mentioned in the same breath as much of the equipment discussed within the forums.

In any case, I sincerely wish everyone happy listening and/or hi-fi hobbying.

I’m not going to get further involved as, for me, hi-fi is about the music more than the equipment although the latter isn’t without interest. 
Now that reeks of a copout.

I also don’t pretend to have the level of knowledge evidently demonstrated by numerous contributors to these forums.
Yet your not willing to take it onboard when it's presented to you in simple terms that anyone can understand.
That’s just adding series resistance to the perceived load to make it look higher to the amps output stage so it doesn’t complain, and what that does is lower the damping factor and raise the output impedance as seen by the amp

@georgehifi - You literally have no idea what I was talking about, so your reply is wrong in the specific and wrong in the general.

Best,

E

^^ +1 @erik_squires yes, that response on George's part surprised me as well.