Weiss 501 DAC

Anyone running the Weiss 501 as preamp/DAC straight into a power amp or active speakers? How does it sound? Thanks
celtic66

Showing 2 responses by verdantaudio

@lordmelton  Musical Fidelity was produced in Taiwan prior to purchase.  ProJect is the owner and their OEM for electronics is Canor in Slovakia and my understanding is that production will be moved to Slovakia in time.   I am the importer for Canor brand products and sell MF.  

Regarding the Weiss, I have it here feeding an Art Audio Diavolo directly.  The volume control is very good.  Because you can adjust the DACs output, it is relatively easy to get a good match with a power amp.  The high sensitivity of the Diavolo makes it a tough match.  

That being said, I would echo @metaldetektor that it is an excellent unit that leans toward the analytic side of things.  It is highly detailed though and does really deliver a big soundstage.  

I am a dealer for Weiss and have it on display.  

@lordmelton I communicated my point poorly.  All I was doing is providing information as to where the product is produced.  You suggested China which is not accurate.  Not making any judgements on your POV otherwise.  

Looking back on the post, I should have inserted the OPs @ prior to "Regarding Weiss".  That part was intended for the broader conversation, not directed at you explicitly.