Warm, yet detailed tube preamp

Looking for a warm but yet detailed preamp to upgrade my Rouge RP1 (with NOS tubes). Rest of system is Coincident Frankenstein 300B Mk2, Zu Audio Omen Def Supreme, digital front end with PS Audio AirStream and DirectStream Sr (modified with external power supply for the analog side and different output transformers). The Rouge is a very good preamp (especially for the money), but it does definitely hold the system back at this point. I would like to add a bit more warmth of the overall sound and also add depth to the soundstage (without losing details). And I do want a remote... if nothing else, volume and mute.

Willing to spend about $5k used (or so).

128x128audiojan

+1 LTA microZOTL Level 2 preamp. I don’t think mine is “warm.”  But, it sure is smooth and very detail. The LTA sounds noticeably better than the PS Audio BHK Reference pre amp it replaced (and I was very happy with the BHK, until I auditioned the LTA in my system 😉.)

The LTA uses 2 premium hand selected 12AT7 input tubes, and two premium hand selected 12SN7 output tubes.  (6SN7s can be used with jumper settings.)

I've never heard the Cary SLP98, but I, personally, do not consider my SLP05 to be warm.  However the air and detail is great.  In my opinion.

Check the Spatial Audio Raven thread here.  Lots of comments posted by the two designers Don Sachs and Lynn Olson.  I own the Raven and it will be my last preamp.

Yes, +1 on the LTA preamp. It is not warm like an old school CJ preamp (I owned a few), but is natural sounding, dynamic, and detailed, it is open and airy with breadth and depth with the right source components, Tube life is excellent. It takes a classic design from David Berning and truly elevates it. Really worth listening to.

I think, VAC should be mentioned, though I don't know how it would match with your power amp. And NOS better Mullard tubes.