VPI to What

Lots of Vpi's up for sale what are people trading to??

128x128hiend2

I have owned my HW40 for almost two years and would not part ways with it. Since I am 75 it is probably my last TT.

I’ve owned three VPI tables over the years and they are quite competent. Perhaps the best bang for the buck was the original Scout with the unipivot arm. I know the uni isn’t for everyone but for $2k that was a nice table as long as you could isolate it properly. A used one today that is a decade old will cost you nearly that much so they have held their value nicely, unlike other tables. Like @mikempls I have also moved on to a Pure Fidelity Harmony. The Harmony is in another league altogether compared to the mid-level VPI tables like the Prime and can be outfitted with arms that are far superior to the gimble arm VPI is now sporting. The Origin Live lineup are fantastic and the new Savant arm recently released by PF is very promising—I hope to have one on display by late summer. If I can help anyone with a PF table please reach out via PM.

The only other table I'm lusting for is a Garrard 401 or Thorens TD-124 Mk.2. I had a TD-125 back in the mid-70's (with an SME 3009 mounted on it), and had nothing but trouble with it.

Post removed