Von Schweikert VR4 jr in small room, any success?

Has anyone been able to make VS VR4jr's work in a small room? I tried for a year and kind of made them work in a 12' x 12' room.

I now have another small room I'm moving them to. So, I'm going to try again.

If you made it work - any can you give me ideas on placement.
robm321

Showing 1 response by robm321

Thanks for all of the responses. All good advise. I'm no longer in the 12' x 12' room. The new room is kind of hard to describe. It's not square just small which should give me better results as Jay pointed out. Thanks Alan, the diagonal set up usually does work best in a small room. I was able to get it set up, but I had a girlfriend at the time - so I had to change it back to a regular setup. Now I don't have the girlfriend so I am more flexible lol

The biggest issue is in the small square room was the brightness which I was able to cure with sound treatment.

Rather than hash out what might work in my new room (which has a shape that is hard to describe - it is an open room to other rooms) = I guess I was just looking for motivation to try it. I've been using my Grado RS-1/RA-1 headphones wondering whether I should set the speakers up or wait until I move in 5 months from now.

Thanks for the motivation.

Rob