VAC Sigma 160i SE or ARC LS26/Primaluna Dialogue Premium

My priorities have changed a little regarding my system lately and I’ve been considering moving to an integrated. There is a VAC Sigma 160i SE I’ve been looking at with the MC phono option and a balanced input. My current rig is an ARC LS26 pre with Primaluna Dialogue Premium amp (w KT150s) driving Triton Two speakers. I have for most of my life been a huge vinyl guy - my tt is a VPI classic (DV20x2) with an Allnic H1201 phono pre. But recently I got a PS Audio Directstream Jr Dac and it’s blowing my mind - for the first time in my life I am listening to way more digital than analog.

My question is twofold - first I’m looking for feedback on the VAC Sigma integrated from any owners, especially any who moved to it from separates. Also curious as to any feedback on the mc phono stage on the VAC. Even though I’m currently in love with the digital sound I’m getting vinyl will always be a big part of my listening life and I am very happy with the Allnic. My overall sense though is that going to the VAC integrated from the ARC/PL combo will be a sonic step up, I’m just not sure how much of a step. And I worry that the phono section will be a significant step down from the Allnic. At the same time I do love the idea of streamlining and getting rid of a some ic’s and pc’s. Even with a conservative estimate of what I can flip my current components for, when I factor in also selling the cables I will probably net a grand if get the VAC. Thanks, any input appreciated.

davelarz
Nice position to be in... I'll be following this one

Are you tapped out on the best speakers you can afford, along with placement/room treatment? I'm aware the Triton's are giant killers, but...

The VPI Classic(I have one) and the DV are "okay" in the league of "super fi"
You have a great phono stage.

Just sayin....
Not from the personal experience but from reading what others here say. Whatever you do keep the Allnic phono, it is superior to the VAC's onboard one.
Well I’ve definitely thought about upgrading my classic/dv20x2 combo and my Triton twos but the thing is... that would cost me money. The VAC sigma 160i SE I’m looking at is used and a very nice price, so nice that I will likely make $1000-$1200 on the deal overall once I sell off all my components and cables, money that I would likely put toward upgrading to Triton two plus (I do think those Tritons are major giant killers - I have auditioned many speakers in the 6-10k range and I’ve yet to hear anything that I thought would conclusively better them - they are also the perfect size for my small listening room and are very efficient). Selling off all that stuff a pain, but if the VAC is a major sonic upgrade (and based on the reviews that seems very possible) well... it’s a tempting move given that I’d make money on the deal. I also at this point would like streamlining my system to an integrated, DAC and tt. The phono section is the big question for me because I love the sound of the Allnic H1201 that I have now and part of the whole idea here is that I’d have to sell the Allnic for this to make sense for me. Given the fact that listening to vinyl has become now maybe 30% of my listening, I’d be okay if the VAC phono section gave me say 80% of what I’m getting out of the Allnic into the ARC LS26, but if it was more of a comedown than that i’d be disappointed.
When you think that you will be raking in a grand or two, remember, that this is a buyers market, and has been for a couple of years now.
That means that buyers are loving this market, as you can see by the price on the VAC. However, sellers are often very surprised at how little value their wares have in this market.
Be happy if you break even.

That said, I also own a Allnic H1201 phono stage, very nice piece for the $$$. I moved to a VAC 160i, and then a VAC 160iSE from separates, and have since moved back to separates.
The VAC 160iSE is a nice integrated amp, and it does have a nice bit of tube magic in the midrange, but it doesn't have the dynamics, and sound-staging abilities of separates.

As for the phono section, both of my units came with the MM phono section, and I did use a Bob's Devices 1131 SUT for my MC cartridges.
However, in neither case did the VAC phono stage come close to the performance of the Allnic H1201.
Davelarz- I get the simplify,one box thing.  I have the PL HP. Enough for my needs.

My rack being full of VAC,ARC separates....etc. is highly unlikely$$$
Would welcome it, but not holding my breath!

I wonder just how noticeable a sonic upgrade your proposal would be? Cash wise,it sounds like you have it figured out. Great time to buy-your in the drivers seat

The VAC is a nice looking unit. The only thing I don't getis manufacturers still doing the blue light thing...very 80's.Just my opinion.

I don’t love the blue light thing either, but then I also have the PS audio direct stream JR which is a blue light scene as well so at least it will match. You can also turn off the VAC light when it’s not running.

I’m leaning against right now, mostly because I too am wondering how big the upgrade will be for the amount of effort it will take to sell all my stuff. I think it probably would be an overall gain but then a loss  on the phone outside. It is tempting though, people love that vac sigma and rave about it

Vac is a wonderful sounding unit one of my friends has one this being said separates by VAC would sound even better.Whatever you get enjoy!!
davelarz- tough call. 

When in doubt, I buy more records. 
If that were my system, I would be saying merry Xmas to myself with a next level cart.