Usher CP-6311 Tube Amp Recommendation

I know everyone has their own thoughts and ideas on any subject and I am probably opening up a "can of worms". I am looking for a tube amplifier recommendation to work well with my Usher CP-6311 speakers. Usher recommends using them with a solid state amp, but I am possibly looking to venture into the world of tubes. My current setup includes: Balanced Audio Technologies (BAT) VK-30 tube preamp, Acurus 100 X 3 solid state amp (remaining from my home theater setup), Thorens TD125 MKII turntable with SME 3009 arm, Acurus CD player, Usher CP-6311 two way speakers. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks
epeabs

I'm sure Usher has a very good reason to not recommend using a tube amp, possibly large dips in the impedance from the nominal rating, severe phase angle, or both. If you want to try a tube amp, you should at least use a tube friendly speaker to get the best results.

Have you thought about trying different tubes in the preamp?
Sorry for a late reply to my post. Been on family vacation with minimal cell service. I haven't tried tube rolling in the BAT since I want to get away from my three channel Acurus amp and go dedicated two channel. Figured once I upgraded my amp, I would experiment further. I've read some decent reviews on the Usher 1.5 reference SS amp and am considering that as a possibility. My usher speakers were my first recent used purchase into the world of dedicated two channel so not looking to change those out at this time. Thank you for the inputs.
I sold my classe separates and went with the rogue Cronus magnum to power my usher cp-6381's and now my new usher mini dancer 2's. Plenty of power with the kt120 tubes. The 6381's were driven using the 8 ohm outputs and now I'm using the 4 ohm outputs for the md2's. Great integrated tube amp.
Hi,

I am in a market for a good tube amp as well, currently I have Usher 6381 and used to drive it odyssey, as I want to take my time to get good tube amp, for the time being I ordered musical paradise 301 mk3 with extra tubes total cost around $450 including shipping, and I am really surprised withy the way it drives usher 6381, I am happy with this small amp with el34 tubes, and it will give me some time to look at the other options.

Thanks
I just picked up a Sonic Frontiers Power 1 running KT120's on Audiogon. I am very happy as well with the soundstage and the 55 Watts tube power. So far it seems to work very well. Just as loud as my Acurus 100X3 I have been using, and it sounds nicer.
I used to have the cp-6381's and now have the new mini dancer 2's with DMD and I have used the rogue Cronus magnum integrated with the it-120 tubes. Fantastic! Enough power to drive either of these harder to drive speakers and the cp-6311 are easier to drive.
CP-6311 are not hard to drive. I've heard them very successfully driven by a PrimaLuna ProLogue Two, so the better PrimaLuna amps would work very well. A wide variety of tube amps should drive these fairly easily.

Disclosure: We're dealers for both Usher and PrimaLuna
I have a pair of usher 6311's and at the bottom of the speakers is a place where there are 6 screws and I took that off and found an empty cavity is this a place to put lead shots or something to dampen the speaker does anyone know? There is nothing in the bottom just empty space so is this area designed to put lead shot into ..Thank you could anyone tell me is this what the purpose 
this opening is for otherwise ......Robert   ..... Please reply
I have a pair of the usher 6311 I am using a single ended KT88 tube AMP class A 1KT88 for each channel ABOUT 10 TO 12 WATTS WORKS GREAT ....I HAVE A QUESTION MAYBE SOMEONE COULD HELP ME WITH .....
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SPEAKER IN BACK THERE IS A PANEL WITH 6 SCREWS I TOOK IT OFF AND  IT HAS AN EMPTY CAVITY  ....IS THIS MADE TO LEAD SHOT INTO FOR DAMPENING?  DOES ANYONE KNOW? THANKS.............................
we are approaching stereo's 4th anniversary of asking his question - even trying all caps out of apparent desperation. Sorry no one responded to you, friend! I have placed a combination of black sand and lead shot double bagged in thick zip lock bags in those compartments you are asking about. I have no idea if it helped or not because I did it immediately when I received them at the advice of the man who sold them to me. I hope you ended up trying it!