Used tube preamp $2-3K

Scouting for an above mentioned preamp driving both 2a3 monos, UL/triode monos  and push pull monos. Plus two FW F3, F5 amps. DAC source 75%, CD 25%. Currently using an older Audio Mirror which may be a bottle neck. Current speakers are Coherent GR12 Sigs, Klipsch LS and Jubilee. Remote is a near must, dynamic with speed and detail and transparency. I find a nice CJ 17ls, a Coincident and even a much less expensive Schiit Freya+. The CJ seems highly touted and I like the relay based volume control vs the standard Alps wiper normally found. All insight appreciated, Thanks.

kckrs

My main preamp for years was a conrad-johnson PV-14L tube preamp. I still feel that it's a good preamp for the money. 

I had a conrad-johnson Premier 17LS2 for a few weeks. It had an issue that caused static in one channel, so I returned it.  I thought it was nice until I bought my Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL preamp.  The LTA was noticeably better.  I got lucky and found a lightly used LTA. 

Big question is do you need a phono section?

all of the audio research sp series had phono stage

newer reference series does not

i would recommend sp 6 or sp 20

sp 6 does not balanced outputs 

not sure about sp 20

Call Brandon,

He makes an amazing 300B preamp.

https://www.apolloaudiosystems.com

I have an Audio Research LS27.  Sounds fantastic and has remote control.  Simple to change the tubes yourself if you feel the need.