USB Cable

I'm considering upgrading a generic 5 meter USB from pc to DAC.   Opinions please on DH Labs Mirage vs Transparent Audio.  Has anyone had an opportunity to compare  in a quality system?

savant19970

I kinda wonder about people who post on a site called Audiogon where you can buy a system comprised of used audio equipment that costs as much as a small condominium, but who cannot tell empirically that one wire design sounds different than another.  I mean for me it is not even subtle.  And based on my limited work building cables (and measuring them to make sure they at least won’t start a fire in high voltage and current applications), I find measurements are of limited use in telling me how they will sound in real life application in my system and in my room/operating environment.  Kimber provides measurements for all the wires they sell, and I applaud their willingness to do that.  But those measurements don’t tell you exactly how those wires, be they digital, analog, or power, will actually sound when placed in your system.  

The audio world is full of consumers with engineering backgrounds who refuse to believe that wires can make a difference if the boxes they connect follow sound engineering principles and “measure well”.  And then they hear the difference wires can make for themselves and it’s like they just found out the Book of Genesis was only an ancient writer’s best guess at how the universe and our world were formed based on the general understanding at the time.  I know, it’s unsettling to have your dogma and intellectual foundation unmoored by empirical evidence.  But God gave us two ears, one brain and one mouth.  In audio as in life, it is best to use them in proportion.

kn

I’m waiting on a 33.00 USB cable. All the customer reviews are excellent as far as that goes. It’s a test to see if this cable will make any difference from the current 2.00 USB. 

we shall see ….. -

For sure identical. Digital is digital. It either works or it doesn’t 🤦‍♂️