Us: hobbyists vs perfectionists vs aural epicureans vs rampant consumers vs bad Buddhists?

Anyone care to discuss this? How do you think of yourself in reference to your urge/itch/compulsion to upgrade your system?

If you find this topic silly or pointless or offensive, why not post in another thread that interests you more?
128x128m669326

Showing 4 responses by m669326

I tell people all the time that there are no thought police. Are they lurking here? Am I wrong? Do I have to start thinking pure, grade A Buddhist thoughts--no longer craving for my system to be other than it is? After all, everything is perfect just the way it is (and there's tremendous room for improvement, I've heard.) Perhaps if I can learn to accommodate this paradox, my speakers' bass will become tighter.

I’m sorry. Apparently, I misunderstood. To reiterate, I’m happy to hear your views whether I disagree with them or not.
MC:
OP here.
I appreciate your sharing your point of view on this thread the same as I appreciate all the point of views that have been offered, but, at the risk of riling you up, I would ask you to try to be civil when you feel triggered or upset by what others post.
i’m guessing that much like the poster that you responded negatively to, you don’t like that I am responding negatively to you, but I’m trying my best to do it in a kind way, and I think that makes a difference.If we are not careful, we will drive away the faint of heart posters who might have a lot of valuable things to say to us, despite a different thickness of skin compared to others. Perhaps I’m being presumptuous to think that because I am the original poster, I have a right to regulate what people do in a given thread. I apologize if I’m overstepping myself here. I’m certainly not trying to make matters worse, I’m trying to facilitate this thread being something useful to all who participate.