UPS Driver Literally Drops Package with New Hana Umami Red

I just purchased a Hana Umami Red and it arrived yesterday. I looked back at my ring doorbell video footage and saw that the UPS driver literally dropped the package from about waist high onto my porch. Here is a link to the shared video: https://ring.com/share/b8d92b2f-f777-4366-8cca-18459bc6bfac

It was packaged well from the distributor and everything looks fine (I opened the box before realizing this happened). I haven’t installed yet, but I’m pretty upset by this and not sure I want to install it. The rational side of me is saying these packages see much worse during transit, but I’m worried about the possible damage or latent damage this careless act may have caused. How robust are phono cartridges and how susceptible to shipping damage?  Looking for some opinions please.

cbl117

Whenever I pack something for shipment, I pack it in such a way that it can survive an 8 foot drop onto a concrete floor.  Put that in your mind when you double box and pack things and you'll be good.

Every time I see this thread title, I cannot help wondering what damage might have been done of the UPS driver figuratively dropped the box containing the Hana Umami Red, which already sounds like an exotic Asian spice or illicit drug.  Or hypothetically dropped it.

At least the driver put the package behind something to shield it from thieves. It takes an extra  second  for a delivery person set the package down gently, but some people won't even do that. My UPS guy just sets my packages  down   wherever he pleases. Regardless. Cartridges  are the least likely to be damaged during transit. I worked at  Fedex for 20 years as a courier. Handled everyone's package as if it were my own. 

And you think that was the worst of the treatment your package received from point A to point B?

This probably applies little if at all, but as a reporter I toured a football helmet maker’s factory. They measure impact with an accelerometer inside a model “head.” They then dropped an 8-pound “head” with and without the helmet and measured the impact. I was astounded at what just an inch of foam padding inside the helmet shell did to reduce impact. So imagine what a tiny cart experiences inside that much bubble wrap.