Under my tower speakers -- Isoacoustics Gaia, other options?

I have Ascend towers (45lbs each) on a concrete floor covered in thin wall to wall with an area rug on top of that. I am looking into different footers for my speakers and am curious what people with towers on concrete have tried and liked.

To my mind, something as expensive as Townshend platforms do not seem worth it, as they'd cost about a third of the price of the speakers themselves.

If you've tried Gaia III isolators or other kinds of feet for your speakers, especially on concrete floors, I'm curious to hear your observations. Thanks.

128x128hilde45

I use Auralex subwoofer isolation platforms (can’t remember the exactly name) under my Tekton Moabs on suspended hardwood floors with excellent results. Something like $200 for a pair. 

I have a carpeted concrete floor. Put the Gaias on a few years ago.
Tightened up the bass. Gave a more focused presentation.

May be due to the speakers being higher, but I did hear a difference.

@hilde45 those rubber/cork square isolators is all you need on concrete floors. No need to spend any more money on esoteric stuff that will not get you more. I use exactly what you have. They work, and I don't even have carpeting or a rug on my floor. it's all tiles.

$20 dollars that all the money that is needed.

Townshend Podiums will be so effective as to like double the value of any speaker.

When the speaker is decoupled from the floor, the vibrations that leaked down to the floor will then come out of the drivers! Almost total transformation.

mglik

851 posts

Townshend Podiums will be so effective as to like double the value of any speaker.

When the speaker is decoupled from the floor, the vibrations that leaked down to the floor will then come out of the drivers! Almost total transformation.

This is what makes these forums so much fun to read! Is this from the product literature or something you came up with as a conclusion of your listening tests?