Turntable mat options

I'm happy with my Rega RP8/Apheta 2, but am rethinking the standard issue felt mat and would appreciate the group's thoughts: should I sit tight, use no mat at all, or consider something different? Thanks, Chip 
hsc3md
Many years ago I ditched the glass platter in favour of an acrylic platter.

I would have to guess that ditching the very heavy platter from the RP8 might not be a good idea, so I would recommend you try an Acrylic mat.

There are many out there, so take time to find the right one. A depression to accommodate the label is preferred

Hope that helps 
Thanks to all for great suggestions. FYI, have recently changed phono stages from Parasound JC3 to the new PS Audio Stellar and the improvement has been dramatic. And, for a long time low-end-of-the-high-end type, an amazing bargain. Happy to see that Michael Fremer in the latest Stereophile agrees. Chip 
Also try no mat at all.  Remember with an audition of your mats, the tonearm as to be redone for each
Unberwaltz, absolutely correct. The best turntable system sounds like NOTHING. The only thing you should be listening to is the cartridge. nothing else. The mat is not so much the issue as the way the record is being held down. I do not think anyone can argue that the record should  not be perfectly flat and not be held tightly against a non resonating surface. Any non resonating surface will do and they all sound exactly the same, like nothing. If a turntable, mat or tonearm has a sound to it throw it away it's garbage. If you think it sounds better throw your ears away they're garbage.