Tube pre w/ remote and phono: used 5-$600.....

Possible to obtain these functions in this price? If pushed....could live without phono stage...any suggestions? Also...big and heavy and built like a tank a bonus...looking for that classic 3-d sound vs. transparency and detail...thanks...
128x128phasecorrect
i would suggest a minty used mac. c26,c27,c28 etc... very neutral,full function, great phono stage....and in 10 years , probably worth more than you paid for it.
I don't know this preamp so take it as only something to check out. There is a Quicksilver Preamp with phono on the Gon that I was eyeing myself this morning that meets your requirements. Beats me how it sounds.
Good luck finding all these features for that price. I've grown tired of looking for a tubed preamp for my preferences and price range.
I've decided to have it custom built.This maybe your best bet.If your not a name hound and value quality parts and performance over bragging rights, it maybe the best way to go. This way it can be designed to work with your current gear without worries of mismatch. I just recieved a quote for $600 from a well known designer, so it's not as expensive as one might think when you cut out the middle men.Remote and phono will be a little more. I've learned going straight to the man himself can save you a lot of loot!;-)

Good luck hunting
That is EXtremly Tuff... If you want resonable build and sound your gonna have to strech to about double that. At 600.00 Its gonna be basically With a cheaper phono stage internally(more than likely MM only)and no remote, or with remote No phono, and even then expect with shipping and all that to touch around 700.00... I tried finding the same as you recently and there was basically no way to pull it off without droping at the very least about 850.00 and I think the only stuff I found in that range at all would be something like the Rogue 66. Your probably better finding a tube pre in the 600.00 range if lucky with remote, and add a Music hall, Lehmann, or Cambridge phono stage.. I think new all those run around 99.00 to 150.00. Good luck
You might realize that after the thorough search for $600 full function preamp you won't find better one neither tube or SS to Sunfire SRP which is SS.
It has MM/MC transformerless phonostage(MC has near 65dB!) and excellent noise-free line performance as well.
Not that much choice out there: Quicksilver Preamp, Audcom AP-150 tube preamp (see also TAD 150)

If you drop the remote I would look at:
Bottlehead Seduction and Foreplay combo special, Audible Illusions preamps.

Gmood's idea of hiring a designer to custom built seems a great option too.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Rene
A used Conrad Johnson PV-5 might fit the bill. it certainly falls in your price range. Very lush, 3D sounding. Only weighs about 12# though. It was a classic in its day..
I too am looking for a tube preamp with good phono stage and a remote for under $600 but keep striking out. I decided to forgo the remote option and focus if it has a quality phono stage, multiple inputs and possibly multiple outputs. I did see some used Dynaco PAS 2 or 3x amps for sale but from checking the archives some members weren't too fond of these preamps.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I was thinking of even just going with a quality tube preamp for under $600 and getting a seperate phono pre.

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinons on this preamp/

Jolida JD3000b

Specs
Technical Specifications:
Max Output voltage: 20 dB (Out 1), 10 dB (Out 2)
Voltage Gain: 30 V
Frequency Response: 5Hz to 110KHz, 10 V
Distortion THD: Less than .02%; 1 KHz, 10 V
SNR: Less than 100 dB
Input Impedance: 100Kohms
Output Impedance: 600 ohms
Fuse: 110/120 VAC 5 amp fast blo and for 220/240 VAC 2.5 amp Fast Blow
Weight: 23 pounds
Size: 17 inches W X 13 inches D X 4.5 inches H
Output Impedance: 600 ohms
Tube Complement: 2 pcs. 12AX7; 2 pcs. 12AT7

Thanks