Total System Gain Question

I am considering an amp with 25dB of gain and 575mV input sensitivity for rated minimum output, and considering a preamp with 18dB of gain. So total system gain would be 43dB. My speakers are 88dB efficient.

Is too much gain for a 2V line level DAC source? I don’t know what the input sensitivity of the preamp is. I worry I’ll be stuck in the bottom (non-linear) portion of the volume pot due to the total gain ...

I don’t have a feel for this since I’d been using an integrated amp forever.
greg7
pragmasi
Input sensitivity, gain and power output are all related mathematically and you can work out one from the others if you assume a certain loudspeaker impedance.
There's no way to calculate power output in watts from the information the OP has provided. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

If your concerns have anything to do with the previous thread on Gain wars there is no need to worry.  2V output from the source is just about industry standard. Actually those specs you listed look common and should mix and match easily.  Some high end designs can have some pretty unusual specs and can be more difficult to mate, but really isn't an issue for the vast majority of gear.
@cleeds 
There's no way to calculate power output in watts from the information the OP has provided. You simply don't know what you're talking about.
I'm going to dip out after this. If you know the gain and the input voltage, you know the output voltage. If you know the output voltage you can work out the power required to drive a loudspeaker of given impedance, whether or not the system has the ability to drive that loudspeaker is another matter.
I try (and don't always succeed) to explain things in simple ways as people here have commented that they don't like the detail. And when I do someone always turns up to tell me I'm wrong because I didn't show my working. That is you in this case and you've resorted to insults straight away.
Anyone can look up Ohm's law and work it out for themselves, yourself included.
I may be confused but if your pre-amp can put out 575mv, the amp will be at full rated power. I don't think it matters what the gain stages are.