Thoughts on SME 10A

I can get a latest model 10A demo for about $5500.00. How do you think it would compare to other tables at or lower in price? Thanks.
bobbob
It comes with the standard arm and no cartridge. I have an Ayre K1x but never got around with getting a table.
So the 10A is a great table...it will absolutely show you what vinyl is all about. I am assuming your Ayre K1x has a built in phono - if so, I bet it's pretty good.

I might try a Lyra Delos or Kleos. See if you can get the deal to knock $500 off if you buy a cartridge also...set up here is crucial...also the arm cable off the SME is a big upgrade item...you don't have to go nuts here...but $500 is VERY well spent money on this cable...

You'd really have to spend over 10k to get a better table...you might be able to get different for $5500...but I doubt better. I had a SME 20/2 and SME IV.Vi...one day I want a SME 30/12
I would have to get a DIN to XLR cable. I have some nice XLR cables. I wish I could get some kind of adapter at the tonearm end so I could use them but I think since DIN is just one 5 pin connection for both channels that might be difficult.
Din to XLR is easy, there are several options on ebay, balanced phono is the way to go. If you need to the SME cable is easily re-terminated with XLR's, any tech should be able to do this for you - if not send it to me and I can do it for you.

I second the Lyra cartridges for the SME, Ortofon is worth looking into also

Good Listening

Peter
If I'm not mistaken the SME10 has no adjustment for speed and has failed the Timeline test but otherwise is a well built machine.