Think I ruined stylus

Help me out please, think I ruined my stylus! Have a Rega Exact 2, about 3 months old. 
Was listening to a record with my lady the other night.. we got to doing .. you know.. things.. left record playing and went upstairs for a couple hours. Obviously record ended and the stylus kept tracking. 

Went to play record yesterday and sound is just loud noise - maybe can barely make out some music… 

I didn’t think letting the record track at end would result in this! 

tsbarro

@tsbarro - did you examine the stylus under magnification with a good light? (You don't need to remove the cartridge to do this). Playing the dead wax /run out groove is not a big deal- I do have some records where the run out is not "locked" and the arm/cartridge/stylus will go right to the label itself unless the arm is lifted. If that happened, your stylus picked up some paper from the label. It should be easy to see. And there are any number of ways to clean a stylus without damaging it, some of which are mentioned above. 

I'd check the stylus in situ first under lighted magnification. That will give you far more information to work with.