Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Naimfan - you can use double wires (star quad, etc.) and connect both runs to the same terminals. 4' from wall to tweeter is a good distance if you can listen at least 8' away from the speakers.
@tomthiel - 

Thank you - we'll try that.  I grew up a Linnie, so prefer to have a single pair of speakers in a room.  The prior owner is sending me the pins so I can experiment with and without them.  Just a brief listen was positive - airy and relaxed sounding (in the best sense of relaxed).  

I'd try one of the biwire sets I have, but they are bananas all the way around.  
Wow, that's enough praise for the cs 2.2 to make me want a pair! 

thieliste  look forward to hearing what you are building,  I know you do a ton of homework and have really expensive taste!
I know this isn't everyone's favorite topic. Wiring, I am building an all Thiel home theater. I ordered a big spool of audioquest in the wall two wire 12 gauge it wasn't cheap but didn't break the bank was using just for atmos power point, a pair of high points and as the group decide the terrible 1.7 for rears, all other speaker will have much better wires. They sent me a role of 4 wire 14 gauge and supposedly better quality copper or what ever. Am i better off using two wires to each terminal or just use the one? They told me because of shipping costs i could have it at no charge. suggestions?"

Thanks,

Dan.
Dan - use the 14-4. There is some disagreement around best configuration for star quad. Conventional configuration is opposites as plus and other opposites as minus. Also try adjacents as plus and other adjacents as minus. Please report back what you hear.

I hope you jest re 1.7s. Just reporting back-story.

tom,

Your modded 02s certainly intrigue me.  And your Audio neurology hypothesis sounds plausible.  Especially in my case the 02s were my gateway drug in to high end audio, so I'm sure they made an impression on me.  It's like the Quad ESL 57 phenomenon - many people who start with Quad 57s eventually give them up to chase a speaker that does what they love in the Quads, but without the limitations.   "Quads but better."   That's very much how I feel about the 02s.

Admittedly they are still a great place to visit, not to live (for me).  Every time I put them in they show me something missing from whatever speaker I have at the moment.  For instance the Joseph Perspective speakers are insanely high resolution, clear, grain-free - thoroughly modern sound without being anti-septic.     When I put the 02s in I hear a slightly greater palpability and texture and density which I love.  And the 02s stay in the system for quite a while, a week, two, three.  But eventually the lack of refinement, the slight courteousness, compared to what I'm generally used to starts to show and back in go the more modern speakers.