The very best sound: Direct to Disc

Since I got a new cartridge (Clear Audio Virtuoso) i’ve rediscovered the Sheffield and RR Direct Disc albums in my collection.  
Wow! they put everything else to shame.  I picked up about twenty Sheffield D2D’s when Tower Records went out of business for a song (no pun intended.) I’m just now listening to them and find there’s nothing that sonically compares.  They’re just more real sounding than anything else.  Not spectacular but realistic.   
128x128rvpiano
transnova,

Funny you should mention this. I have a few Angel Sonic Series 45rpm’s and all are fairly noisy.. Other discs I have of 45rpm are not.
Dear @bdp24 .""" Keltner’s playing is good, but Tutt choked a little.."""

after your post I posted: """ but for some reason I like a little more the Keltner instrument sound especially cymbals...."""

Over my audio life and with focus in live MUSIC I developed/builded what for me and my friends is a good wide frequency high resolution room/system to achieve the best MUSIC quality I can according my ignorance levels.

Well, yesterday i listened twice my Sheffield Drum Record that I didn’t listen from several months now and I confirm with out doubt what I posted and that the Keltner track is superior to the Ron one that’s good but at the Keltner one.
The Keltner kick drum has an impact as has to be ( I listened at 95dbs level at seat position . ) that the Ron just has not.
In the LP inside page information by the producers says that the Ron goes lower and yes goes a little lower but with out the rigth impact. Down there says too that the snare drum in Ron instrument has an additional microphone and has darker sound than the Kelter snare drum and says too that the Zildjian cymbals in the Ron instrument is sweet than the Kelter ones and any one can hear exactly all those if the system has a wide frequency response and resolution to.

The improvisations in the Keltner work are way alive against the " darkness " in the Ron improvisation track. Where the Ron track is a little more detailed and precise is when he hits the near to center cymbals surface.

I think that the the frequency band response in the Keltner instrument is more equilibrated than the Ron one.

Any one of you that already own this Sheffield recording can confirm what I’m saying here and obviously that could be that I can be wrong but when I posted about was because my memory told me that because in the past I listened this LP very often and was part of my whole test/evaluation self system process.

bdp24, when you can have the time give a listen again.

Btw, the main engineer and lathe operator in the Sheffield D2D LPs were not the same in all the LP’s but different gentlemans.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

I haven't seen Buddy Rich "Class of '78" mentioned. I bought it new when it came out. Blew everything else I had at the time out of the water. Still sounds great today.

Btw, i picked up a sealed copy of The King James Version for 2 bucks at Second & Charles a couple of years ago. 
Eric - Tom at Brooks says hello he cleaned up all the past tech sins on the RM-9.
i agree on Charlie - that dude is the real deal :-) i think ( supposedly ) mint they only go for $20 on Discogs.
i have something in mind to send ya