The time has come and I request advice...

To my fellow audiophiles the time has come and I am going to attempt to improve my digital source in one audio system I have, Currently running a Bluesound Node X into Denafrips Pontus 12th Anniversary and it sounds great but i am ready and willing to update the streamer. Looking for a dedicated streamer that will play Tidal or Qobuz. Might be interested in going the Roon route. Budget is about $2500. Right now the Lumin U2 mini and Aurender seem to be at the top of recommendations. Looking for advice from those who have used the streamer they recommend.

I listen to Jazz, Blues and instrument music mostly...also going to add a turntable to my other audio system and will post another question...

128x1282psyop

Yes, I had a 130 and now I have an arunder N20. No contest. I even thought the Eversolo A8 was better in my system. Look at the inside of the 130 and look at a arunder N200 or N20. My opinions based on local play back.

@2psyop Out of curiosity, what digital cable are you using between the Node X and your Denafrips? What cables are you using in the rest of your system? And what sonic chracteristics of your digital playback are you currently unhappy with... what do you want to achieve with the upgrade?

I am an Aurender dealer and just got the Node X as a trade in. Last night I demoed through a headphone stack between the Aurender N200 and the Node X expecting for the N200 to outright blow the Node X away. There was no doubt the N200 was better, but the Node X has definitely impressed me more than past Bluesound units. The difference would be as great as the Aurender N150, though it would still be an improvement.

Given a look at your virtual system and the performance tiers of your products, it may be worthwhile bracing your system with better cables (not knowing what you’re using) or looking into a good switch or other accessories which may make a greater impact for less or equal investment.

In my experience and with those of my clients, people find value in a dedicated streamer upgrade more often if their systems are truly able to render at very high fidelity. It’s not to say that your system doesn’t do that, but your virtual system doesn’t have enough information for anyone to weigh in properly on that. The last thing you want to do is invest $2500-5K on a streamer only to be disappointed in a marginal improvement.

I have the ps audio airlens. Best streamer that I have heard/owned. Using i2s to my ps audio DS sr dac using the revelation audio labs prophecy i2s cable.

Now that the HiFi Rose is in stock, I have ordered one and will let others know my impressions later. I might test out the fiber optic Ethernet to see how much it lowers noise.