The science of opinion ...

Some may find this interesting (it is).

Some may find this threatening (it isn't, it is science).

Some may read it and use it to help them understand the dynamics of internet forums.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0078433
atdavid
geoffkait,

Here you go. Master's words. Frame it.

glupson2,763 posts09-12-2018 10:13amBeing a crystal and a rock is not mutually exclusive.

Rocks and crystals come in various sizes and weights.

Degree of friction does not influence classification into rocks or crystals.

I have not learned about Metallica in elementary school so I cannot comment on that.

Note to geoffkait: Check if the prep school you attended has money back guarantee.

You pretty much cannot go on an audio forum these days without a vocal group yelling "snake oil" "ABX before you can share your opinions" about EVERY single thing in audio.

It's gotten to the point I think these people get offended if people EVER listen to their system for pleasure anymore.

Just gotta ignore them as those cries add nothing to any audio discussion. To them every piece of equipment and every cable sounds the same, nothing makes a difference besides speakers and we are all wasting our time.

That mentality never leads to anything worthwhile as far as audio discussion

Good faith is the only guide for you first, and for others after that...Expertise or others experiments and knowledge from others will correct my way if I am of good faith...

In forum politeness is the supreme manifestation of intelligence and an impersonal intelligence is also at play here, not only a personal one...
History favours the bold, not the polite, though politeness is obviously an admirable goal, but to have politeness, one has to be honest, not only with others but with oneself. That honesty, I find more lacking in forums, than politeness. If we cannot be honest and accept our own limitations, then what value politeness?

I would rather someone call me something to my face and let me defend myself, then treat me with complete politeness, while talking behind my back.