The best music in 2018

I realize this is early, but based on this (lp), I’m very hopeful...

Glen Hansard "Between Two Shores" ...absolutely fantastic!
128x128slaw
A little late - but need to put a vote for

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the real.

bdp24

the year 1969 turns 50 this year. I am certain that there will be a plethora of reissues and boxed sets to celebrate this milestone.

Happy Listening!

Luna "Lunified"  Run Out Groove (label)

If you're a fan, you need this record. If you've never heard of Luna, you'll be glad you bought this record. Highly Recommended!
Jason and Pharis Romero "Sweet Old Religion". Great Album after losing everything in a fire.
A 2018 record just discovered - released October but I only just saw a review and then bought it. If you love country then Colter Wall - Songs of the Plains.
think Waylon / gram / Jonnie / john prine. 
Listening now on my little leben cs300 and falcon ls3/5a late and just showered after 5 a side footie and glass or red in hand ..... adrenaline / alcohol / audio - triple A rating ....

+1 Colter Wall.

Very fine acoustical recording. Reference. Like the deep double bass playing. 3D soundstage. Fine songs. According to Tidal he's 22 years!? Sounds like 40 at least. Thanks.
Pistol Annies - Interstate Gospel

A more laidback beautiful album from the Pistol Girls. Very fine production. No excessive loudness.

New releases from the champ Rodney Crowell not to be bypassed.
From the "Beast Epic" sessions, "Weed Garden", Iron & Wine is really good. It's made better by the fact it's @ 45rpm.
I'm still working on 2018...

Beth Hart "Live @ The Royal Albert Hall"  SQ = EX!!!
Nice to see DTB , I'm a member of the Herd !!
I have seen them maybe 10 times over the years. Started seeing them in the mid 80's. 
Fantastic live band!!!
Hey @jafant,

When I start getting a few 2019 releases in house, I don't mind starting a thread again. Appreciate your interest.
John Hiatt "The Eclipse Sessions"  

Just played it and was blown away. Highly recommended!
+1 Beth Hart live

But the cd Front and Center (live New York) has much much better SQ. Less distorsion, more dynamics, fuller drums and bass, everything. Really good. Also the playing is more sensitive and intimate.
It never stops...

Southside Johnny "Detour ahead - The music of Billie Holiday"

Southside+big band+double bass !!
According to the world's longest running and most respected Music
magazine it was the recording of Hector Berlioz : Les Troyens  on the Erato label /
Hey schubert, do you miss as much as I the critiques of Classical music in the now-defunct Fanfare Magazine? I learned a lot about the music and its performance in those reviews.

Eels "The Deconstruction"

If you're a fan, you'll get it.

Love E, and whatever version of the Eeels he puts together.

Will have to check that out on Tidal, surprised I have not yet.

And always well recorded and engineered.  But the Eeels do make music you either like a lot, or wonder what the heck is that all about?

Kacey Musgraves "Golden Hour  what can I say but WOW! Every aspect of this record is superior! Get it!
Always on top.

For you that don't know him yet.

Francis Cabrel

In extremis - a fine start.
Primal Scream "The Original Memphis Recordings/Give Out But Don't Give Up"  I've had a chance to listen 4 times now. Sorry for posting so late but this one needed and deserved the extra attention. Fantastic!