The best music in 2018

I realize this is early, but based on this (lp), I’m very hopeful...

Glen Hansard "Between Two Shores" ...absolutely fantastic!
128x128slaw

Showing 4 responses by bdp24

Hey schubert, do you miss as much as I the critiques of Classical music in the now-defunct Fanfare Magazine? I learned a lot about the music and its performance in those reviews.
@slaw and @jafant, SO agree! I haven’t heard a word about it, but I sure hope 2019 sees Capitol Records doing the same for The Bands’ 1969 2nd album (the "brown") as they did in ’18 for their 1968 Music from Big Pink debut---a deluxe boxset reissue. My two favorite albums!
When Levon Helm toured after his throat surgery (he was a heavy smoker), he was temporarily unable to sing. He brought daughter Amy along to sing, and she was swell (I saw them at The House Of Blues in L.A.). Her mother is Libby Titus, who was a well known singer in the 70’s. I gotta get Amy’s new album.
slaw, The Decemberists are my new hometown's (Portland, Oregon, though I'm actually across the Columbia River in Vancouver, Washington) local heroes. I remember hearing of them in the late 90's, iirc, but never got around to checking them out. Guess I now have to!