Tariffs and sky high audio prices.

With the Chinese tariffs taking hold on 100% of the imports and maybe even on Mexico forthcoming, the audio industry is going to see another big jump in their sky high prices. Anyone making purchases ASAP to get lower prices from existing inventory before post tariff products enter the marketplace?
tubelvr1
Brennan and Comey charged by whom? A valid court indictment or a birther indictment?

For the record it wasnt a George Washington joke...it was actually a Sesame Street reference... “which one of these is not like the other”? Probably shouldnt have been so vague, apologies. History will show a neck and neck race between the current occupant of the white house, Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan as the worst president in history. Im betting on the current occupant because, well, he more huger!

Can we all find some common ground? Surely there is something we can agree on. Like a bi-partisan 7-1 approval of Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court during the last year of Johnsons presidency. What about tubes absolutely kill solid state?
Speaking of fascists, there was a 75th Anniversary of allied forces landing in Normandy two days ago. That was a bloody and decisive campaign.
Any WWII veterans among us ? 
@ghasley 

I used to feel that tubes absolutely killed solid state on tonality.  But the design of solid state gear, especially with the shift from bipolar to field effect transistors, which are voltage controlled like tubes, and therefore clip into even order harmonics rather than odd, has closed the gap.  My current preference is for tubes all the way up to but not including the power amps, where I find myself preferring the punch of a good solid state amp.  I am, for the record, a Pass Labs fan when it comes to power amps.
@david_pully 

Tah-DAH!!! Since I know you’ve been waiting for this, I hereby, wholeheartedly, approve of your amp selection. I really like the lower power class A Pass amps and the XA25 is a work of art. I see they’ve come out with a XA25 integrated version and by the looks of it they figured out they originally underpriced the XA25. I think its over $8,000. While not nosebleed pricing for our hobby, that’ll sure buy alot red hats (I couldn’t resist).

Since I’m no longer into vinyl, I need the random but occasional interaction that comes with a tube roll or bias adjustment. LOL. i’m not looking for my system to be the audio version of a crisp white shirt, I enjoy a well broken in cashmere sweater.
@ghasley 

Having heard both, but not all, iterations of the two, I'll still take solid state. Although my Kinki is made in China, the designer is a big fan of the Swiss approach to solid state design and when using something like Exicon output devices, the sound is so seductive.

@inna 

I wasn't, but my dad was a vet from the Pacific Theater. It did a number on him and anyone who saw actual combat. Not the pacified version you see nowadays, but primitive, hand to hand combat in the harshest and most miserable of environs and conditions. 

People shouldn't forget what fascists are, how they operate and how easy it is to be lulled by their siren songs.

All the best,
Nonoise